What's new

Ok, In honor and solidarity with you men

I had been using my blades for a week and a half but after hearing so many of you talk about getting 3 and 4 shaves out of even the best of blades I have decided I will now only get 7 shaves out of each blade. This will help Ray Perdue (swampfox) and other not have to feel so cheated :wink: I have just over a thousand blades now so even at a week per it will last a long while.

I just got my 7th shave from a Gillette Super Thin and I removed it and put it in my blade bank and replaced it with a 7 o'clock green.

Be not downhearted, men! The Slim stands with you!
Wp

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I get a week easy out of every blade I try (except the White case Gillettes which are garbage), and could probably go longer, but a week fits my rotation schedule nicely.

I get a week easy out of every blade I try (except the White case Gillettes which are garbage), and could probably go longer, but a week fits my rotation schedule nicely.

I see a pattern! We both easily get a weeks worth of shaves and we both use a Super Speed ...hmmmm...
Wonder if blades just last longer in a good quality SS?
Wp

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think it's because I use REALLY hot water for a rinse, and thoroughly dry my razor, and the heat rapidly removes moisture, and despite blade manufacturers warnings to the contrary, I wipe the blade while it's in the razor. (not along the edge, across the edge)

Though there are probably a lot of ways to do it, I truly believe that moisture removal helps prevent micro rust on the edge.

Top Bottom