What's new

Best DE Shave Yet!

Well I have to admit that I haven't been working on my DE skills as much as I'd like. It seems to take me about 30 or more minutes to make lather, and make multi pass shaves using my DE. Normally I make lather everyday but on work days I shave with a Mach 3 Turbo to make things quicker and on my days off is when I practice with my DE. But tonight I got out of the shower and BAM it happened a great shave.

I made probably the best lather thus far and put a new blade in my Tech. Fresh out of the shower and applying more hot water to get everything ready. I only made one pass and worked over a spot a little too much on the left side of my neck. But alas I think I'm starting to get the hang of all this after a couple of months.

Just figured I'd check in and keep y'all informed.

Matt

Congratulations on your shave. I dare say, the tech is an awesome razor. It is often overlooked because it is considered a mild shaver, not aggressive like some. However, if used properly you can expect outstanding results each and every time. Keep us posted on your progress. And by the way, lose the Mach 3.

Congrats on the good shave, That first one's a very happy time.. Hooray I did it.
you'll have a nice warm fuzzy feeling when you have your first BBS too..

Congrats. Don't worry about the time factor. I was worried about this myself. Once I stopped worrying about how long it was taking me to shave, I enjoyed the process more. Speed comes with experience, I'm still not that fast, but my enjoyment has gone up considerably.

Yeah, congrats. Won't be long before you seem to just not have room to keep that Mach 3 around :biggrin:. With a little more practice you should be able to get a solid shave in around 10 minutes or so. I can easily pull it off with a DE, but straights take a bit more time.

Looking forward to shaving Monday morning with my newly acquired tech and a fresh feather, I have been shaving with this combo all week and It's given me amazing shaves. Keep it up with the tech and you will be surprised by how good of a shave you can get.

Top Bottom