What's new

My First 9 out of 10 Straight Shave

Tonight I had the perfect* shave. No nicks, no cuts, no razor burn, no irritation and baby-back smooth.

*My technique will continue to improve, my beard follows my jawline tightly, so a 10/10 will be once I can bury that and the hairs on the border of my nose.

Honestly, it's less about me and more about you guys. Ultimately, I just followed directions.

I am happy and proud and just wanted to take the time to thank everyone in general and others specifically:

Thanks to:

Seraphim - for working with the Gold Dollars. If it wasn't for a reasonably priced, shave ready razor I might never have taken the plunge.

Ken Rup - for selling quality goods for the workin' man... even if you're working drawing stuff on a computer.

Mdunn, dpm802, afdavis11, Savant Strike, Old School Youngin, Leighton, City Jim, Alexo, Professor Chaos, LessLemming, Chess 1, Craig J and everyone else who has commented or posted suggestions to all of my questions.

Damn... this sounds like an oscar speech. But my point is, honestly and humbly, I'm thankful for the people who take the time to share, educate and equip.

Thanks guys!

Jawline helpful hint:

When doing your cheeks, and above the jawline OPEN YOUR MOUTH AS WIDE AS YOU CAN, and stretch your skin upwards with your free hand. Then shave down to the open mouth jawline. Now close your mouth. You will see the lather line is now well below your jawline. Keep mouth tightly shut when doing the underside.

Viola!

Speaking of Oscars.. As I was reading your long post I started to hear some music play in the background:tongue:

Just kidding...

Glad you are on your way. Enjoy the journey!!

Top Bottom