What's new

Guess How Much?

I told the lady at a junk store that I was looking for straight razors...this is what she had. I told her to make me a deal on the lot. She made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Guess how much it cost me. Oh yea, nothing has been cleaned up. There was still a cake of soap in one of the mugs.

Last edited:
Those brushes are in pretty rough shape and considering you scored the lot in a junk store I'll say - $15

The razors should keep you busy!

By the way welcome to the B&B

Last edited:
In a junk store? Do you mean a pawn shop? Perhaps you can take a picture of the outside of this fine establishment?

The brushes look to be in awful shape. I wonder if there are experts here who can tell whether any of them can be restored and used again?

I'm guessing they were all offered to you for free. No charge, $0.00, nothing, zero, not a pfennig or a halfpence. --Bob

In a junk store? Do you mean a pawn shop? Perhaps you can take a picture of the outside of this fine establishment?

The brushes look to be in awful shape. I wonder if there are experts here who can tell whether any of them can be restored and used again?

I'm guessing they were all offered to you for free. No charge, $0.00, nothing, zero, not a pfennig or a halfpence. --Bob

From the posts and photos I've seen around here I'd say every single one of those brushes can be restored. It'll take a little investment in some good quality knots but the brush handles are usually indestructible.

My guess is $15.

From the posts and photos I've seen around here I'd say every single one of those brushes can be restored. It'll take a little investment in some good quality knots but the brush handles are usually indestructible.

My guess is $15.

Is there a printed or video guide to restoring brushes? --Bob

In a junk store? Do you mean a pawn shop?

As I would define it, a "junk store" is a wannabe antique store, but rather than stocking true antiques that people hunting for collectibles would want, it stocks a random collection of "junk".

Things that would be like garage sale leftovers, that most people would probably simply throw away.

Think along the lines of old tvs, old record players, old vhs players, random collections of dinnerware, vhs tapes, audio tapes, beat up bikes......

In addition, the establishment is usually dark, dingy, and smells of mildew.

In comparison to a typical antique store, in which there are nicely presented booths showing the wares, this store is just totally random, with things strew all over the place.

That is how I would define a "junk store".

As I would define it, a "junk store" is a wannabe antique store, but rather than stocking true antiques that people hunting for collectibles would want, it stocks a random collection of "junk".

Things that would be like garage sale leftovers, that most people would probably simply throw away.

Think along the lines of old tvs, old record players, old vhs players, random collections of dinnerware, vhs tapes, audio tapes, beat up bikes......

In addition, the establishment is usually dark, dingy, and smells of mildew.

In comparison to a typical antique store, in which there are nicely presented booths showing the wares, this store is just totally random, with things strew all over the place.

That is how I would define a "junk store".

Thanks for educating me. I've only gone in antique stores perhaps twice as an adult and then only because my father was interested in them. He died a long time ago. I don't think I'e ever been in a true junk store. --Bob

Whatever the $$ were, you appear to have 3-4 decent razors out of that lot, and some people would probably pay whatever you did for the Old Spice mugs alone.

I personally wouldn't go near vintage brushes; I'm sure she was happy to throw them in for nothing.

Don't tell us you threw out the soap.

Nice score, that's the sort of kindling that will fuel the fires of RAD.

BTW, I guess twenty bucks, but you had to sweep up the place.

Don't hold your breath.

I'm guessing the store owner got curious, used Google, found B&B, and our esteemed new member dcs now sleeps wit' da fishes. :ohmy:

Top Bottom