What's new

Has Anyone Added A Thermostat To An Electric Kettle?

Has anyone here modified an electric kettle which was originally designed to be heat-water-to-boil, to add a thermostat or temperature control to it? If you have, can you please post a schematic diagram of the circuit modification, and a parts list? Please assume I can read a schematic. I want to modify my own kettle. Someone here probably did it before me. If not, I will email a request to Russell Kincaid who does a column for Nuts & Volts magazine. Thanks! -- Bob

Most folks here use a Chef Mate, or Rival hotpot. They already have a thermostat control, and can usually be had at target for $10.00. They were on sale about a month ago for $7.

Maybe I can bring electronics to shaving? I know some of you shaving folks have access to shop tools and various machinery that I'd melt all over the place to have. Which may not have any obvious connection to shaving. I'm a newbie to electronics, too. I admit that the Rival pots have thermostats. Adding one to a non-thermostat pot may be a good exercise for me. --Bob

Top Bottom