What's new

Driving Cross Country. Alone. I'm Crazy, right?

Sound like a fun little adventure...and no speeding tickets. Nice!
I was gonna recommend a radar detector for for those State Patrol speed traps.

I made a similar trip(length wise) 3 years ago from Minneapolis Mn to Aspen Co then Aspen to Boise ID...it was long and I had two other friends with me but it was a blast. Nebraska is probably the most boring state Ive ever driven through(North Dakota/Iowa close second) on the other hand Utah is one of the coolest.

Nebraska is probably the boring state Ive ever driven through(North Dakota/Iowa close second)

Kansas ranks up there as well. I drove across Kansas once in my life and never need that experience again.

We drove from KCK to San Jose this summer via I-80 through Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, and Nevada. My advice is take a southern route. The area we traveled has been getting pummeled with snow. If you stay south you'll have to put up with rain at most. Just my $0.02. Good luck and be aware of your surroundings. Stop driving when you are tired just be safe.

Kansas ranks up there as well. I drove across Kansas once in my life and never need that experience again.

As I recall my trip from this summer, we found zero sit down restaurants near Interstate 80 through Nebraska. Sure had plenty of McDonalds. I've driven through Kansas but have to say Nebraska is the armpit of America. No offense to any Nebraskans on the board. My goodness boring, boring and boring. The only highlight was changing time zones and entering Wyoming.

I've driven through Kansas but have to say Nebraska is the armpit of America. No offense to any Nebraskans on the board.

So you meant that in a positive way? :smile:

Your advice of route is a little late for this particular OP. He's somewhere east of Chicago by now.

- Chris

So you meant that in a positive way? :smile:

Your advice of route is a little late for this particular OP. He's somewhere east of Chicago by now.

- Chris

Oops. I read the first two pages then jumped to reply. Didn't realize op was that far. My bad.

Top Bottom