What's new

Brush knot, pick and pull, Help!

So I just recieved my aos free brush, creme, after shave, preshave kit, and althought some people say the brush is not so great, I like it alot.. So much in fact I was thinking about transfering the knot to a nicer handle. Can someone with some expierience tell me how to do this or if it is even possible.
Thanks Nitro.

Those brushes from AOS in their trial kit are pretty crappy. I have one and while it gets the job done, its not meant to last over a few months before all the hairs in the knot start to shed. I dont even know if it is possible to remove a knot from a brush fully intact.

Wow.. Thank you both for such great constructive criticism, you absolutly in no way helped to answer my question. In fact I HAVE to actually thank you, I WILL find a way to pull this knot re tie it and make it work. Not to be a jerk but how does telling me that it is crappy or that It will fall apart in a week help me? Maybe somthing like... You could try to do that but IMHO the brush knot is not that great and probably wouldn't be worth it...

Nitro, try pressing real hard at the base of the knot right above the handle. By doing this you are trying to pop the glue loose (this usually only works if the manufactor used a dot of glue and not filled the handle then set knot) If that doesnt work you could try heating the handle up and pull on the knot from side to side to break it loose. Try that and good luck!!

Wow.. Thank you both for such great constructive criticism, you absolutly in no way helped to answer my question. In fact I HAVE to actually thank you, I WILL find a way to pull this knot re tie it and make it work. Not to be a jerk but how does telling me that it is crappy or that It will fall apart in a week help me? Maybe somthing like... You could try to do that but IMHO the brush knot is not that great and probably wouldn't be worth it...

You are entirely missing the point, that AOS never designed the brush in the $25 kit to last longer than a few weeks.

It's cheaply made, and designed to fall apart: their goal with this brush (and the entire starter kit), is to simply get you hooked on their products, with hopes that you like the products so much you buy the $100 kit (which is really $75 given the $25 off coupon).

Considering that AOS has given 1000's of these kits away for free in promos, one cannot expect the brush to be of high quality.

You are entirely missing the point, that AOS never designed the brush in the $25 kit to last longer than a few weeks.

It's cheaply made, and designed to fall apart: their goal with this brush (and the entire starter kit), is to simply get you hooked on their products, with hopes that you like the products so much you buy the $100 kit (which is really $75 given the $25 off coupon).

Considering that AOS has given 1000's of these kits away for free in promos, one cannot expect the brush to be of high quality.

What he said. Why would you go to the trouble of resetting a knot that is designed to fall apart?

You are entirely missing the point, that AOS never designed the brush in the $25 kit to last longer than a few weeks...

AOS has actually admitted this. However, I've seen posts by guys who have had their little AOS last years. They're the lucky ones.

For a reasonable cost, you should be able to buy a really well made (non-AOS) brush that has the qualities you like in your AOS. If you do decide to buy a new brush at some point, I would say avoid AOS because they're overpriced.

-Andy

What he said. Why would you go to the trouble of resetting a knot that is designed to fall apart?
You are both missing the point here. This gentelman (Nitrosnail) was asking for suggestions on how to remove a knot from a brush, not if the knot was of of good quality or not. He originally stated that he LIKED the brush, so why not just try to help him out w/ his original question?

Top Bottom