What's new

Would the "real" Proraso please stand up?

So I'm on my second tub of pre post; it's quite different to the first.

The first was very strong smelling of menthol & Euc, and post-shave was like a couple of mini freezers were strapped to my face. It also left my skin dry, but with a tacky kind of feel, although moisturised, if that's possible. I call it Hot Proraso.

This second tub has barely a whiff of menthol from the tub, is also noticeably less cooling on the skin, and doesn't cool for as long. But it leaves my face much smoother to the touch, with no dry tackyness - very much like a good moisturiser. This is Smooth Proraso.

Other differences: Hot Proraso comes with a dual language label in Italian and English. Smooth is all in Italian.

So what's going on, something got under the radar of the QA dept? one product perhaps past it's shelf life? I don't know, but I would like the Hot with the finish of the Smooth.

Any other pre post users found differences between tubs?

Pics?

Proraso now makes a Pre/Post for Ultra Sensitive Skin. Might this be your "smooth" version? The label appears to be all in Italian. (borrowed from Carter & Bond's web site)

proxy.php

Nah, I may not be the sharpest bloke going around, but I can tell the difference between that, and this: :001_tongu

proxy.php

All the ones I have bought have English/Italian labels, and was like the first one you described. I've never seen one with just the Italian label for the regular product.

Where did you get it? I wonder if they put the wrong label on the jar?

It is curious . . .

Last edited:
So I'm on my second tub of pre post; it's quite different to the first.

The first was very strong smelling of menthol & Euc, and post-shave was like a couple of mini freezers were strapped to my face. It also left my skin dry, but with a tacky kind of feel, although moisturised, if that's possible. I call it Hot Proraso.

This second tub has barely a whiff of menthol from the tub, is also noticeably less cooling on the skin, and doesn't cool for as long. But it leaves my face much smoother to the touch, with no dry tackyness - very much like a good moisturiser. This is Smooth Proraso.

Other differences: Hot Proraso comes with a dual language label in Italian and English. Smooth is all in Italian.

So what's going on, something got under the radar of the QA dept? one product perhaps past it's shelf life? I don't know, but I would like the Hot with the finish of the Smooth.

Any other pre post users found differences between tubs?

If I would be you, I'll be tempted to buy another one, just to see if it's going to feel like the first, the second or be a third type of feeling :smile:

My own current jar of Proraso pre/post cream is exactly like you describe your first one was. I'll be indeed puzzled if I would be having one like your second jar...thus my suggestion to try a third one !

I have the Italian/English label, but I get your desired "hot and smooth" combo with mine. Buy another one and tell us what it's like!

Top Bottom