What's new

ABC Pocket

Just out of curiosity, do you know what razor handle design that is? I was thinking it was a Shell design handle, which is one of the ones I picked up. But then as I was looking at yours closer, I noticed two differences: 1) The first is on the place where the fluted portion of the handle joins the smooth and tapered section just before the head. On yours, it looks like one flat band in the middle with two slightly curved ones on the outside of it. On mine, it is just a single thin band. 2) The ball ends look different. On yours it looks like half a surfboard. It's pointy on one end and looks flat on the other. But on mine, both ends are pointy.

I've included a link to the thread where I posted some photos.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114337 .

Can you or anybody else clarify what the difference is between these two?

Wow! That's a great set. I've never seen one that old with all the papers and packer. It looks like it hasn't been polished in years. It should come out looking great.

Len

Just out of curiosity, do you know what razor handle design that is? I was thinking it was a Shell design handle, which is one of the ones I picked up. But then as I was looking at yours closer, I noticed two differences: 1) The first is on the place where the fluted portion of the handle joins the smooth and tapered section just before the head. On yours, it looks like one flat band in the middle with two slightly curved ones on the outside of it. On mine, it is just a single thin band. 2) The ball ends look different. On yours it looks like half a surfboard. It's pointy on one end and looks flat on the other. But on mine, both ends are pointy.

I've included a link to the thread where I posted some photos.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114337 .

Can you or anybody else clarify what the difference is between these two?

I think they are just two different designs made by ABC. I have two of each type. I also find the handle with the two rings has a slightly larger ball end and is heavier. I have seen both types used with the Shell design and Plain design case as well as the Weave. I have no idea what each type is called though.

Len

The nice thing about the ABC pocket razors is the smaller size and balance of the solid handles seem to give a better shave then the Old Type ball end razor.

Len

Agreed. There's a part of me (probably a jealous, dark part of me) that still refuses to accept those ball-tipped monstrosities as part of the fine pocket edition tradition. Rationally, I know. Emotionally and esthetically, I rage against the horror. :ohmy:

Very nice find! Where did you get it? I am surprised to see that this razor has a diamond and arrow logo on the guard. What is the serial number on the razor? Does the serial number match the serial number on the box?

Very nice find! Where did you get it? I am surprised to see that this razor has a diamond and arrow logo on the guard. What is the serial number on the razor? Does the serial number match the serial number on the box?

Righ under the diamond and arrow logo on the guard, it says "known the world over".
The ser# is B275957

Top Bottom