What's new

Check it out...

Aren't eastern diamondbacks generally larger than the western? Think how big the comparable eastern diamondback could be.

That's gonna make one helluva belt

or pair of boots.

FWIW, I don't think that thing weighs 89lbs. I did some searching on Snopes because I saw a similar picture a few months ago. While I didn't see anything concerning that picture, there was mention that the record weight rattlesnake is only like 11 lbs or very close and that one was ~6'-8' long.

:eek:

And from the same site as the OP:

proxy.php

No home should be without.

A simple photography trick. The snake is pretty far away from his body, and pretty close to the camera. If you look, you can see how out of focus his face is, but how crisp the snake is. That snake MIGHT be 4' long. If it was just under 8' long, he would be over 7' tall EASILY.

Am I the only one who thinks the photo looks like it could be a forced perspective thing? No doubt it's a big snake, but the fact that he's a bit blurry and the snake's clear makes me wonder if he's not quite a bit behind the thing holding it far out in front of himself?

A simple photography trick. The snake is pretty far away from his body, and pretty close to the camera. If you look, you can see how out of focus his face is, but how crisp the snake is. That snake MIGHT be 4' long. If it was just under 8' long, he would be over 7' tall EASILY.

Am I the only one who thinks the photo looks like it could be a forced perspective thing? No doubt it's a big snake, but the fact that he's a bit blurry and the snake's clear makes me wonder if he's not quite a bit behind the thing holding it far out in front of himself?

No, you're not the only one.

Right--nobody wrote about how the guy holding the snake has a dog that's so small that it could fit in his pocket.

We're not known for rattlers around here. Especially one that size, besides, they're gonna tell me they stumbled across it dove hunting and brought it back alive? I vote for phonie story, real but embellished picture, false weight and measurements.

Top Bottom