What's new

W&B For Barbers Use & For Barbers Only

Here are two razors I picked up recently. One is a "For Barbers Use" and the other is "For Barbers Only"

The Barbers use is a thick 1/4 grind, near wedge. The Barbers only is a full hollow. Both are near 7/8 - 8/8. Does anybody know the difference between the two as far as value, rarity and demand? I know the "Barbers Use" is high demand, but not so sure about the "Barbers Only"

For Barbers Use:
Missing one of the bullseye pins. I may have to scavenge one from another W&B, or see if somebody has one they would be willing to send my way!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

For Barbers Only:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just pick up one just like this one this weekend.
I ended up paying $50 for mine and the scales on mine are in poorer shape.
BTW. This is the second of this type that I've found in the wild, not to sure how rare that was.
I figured it was kind of like lightning striking twice.:wink2:

I just pick up one just like this one this weekend.
I ended up paying $50 for mine and the scales on mine are in poorer shape.
BTW. This is the second of this type that I've found in the wild, not to sure how rare that was.
I figured it was kind of like lightning striking twice.:wink2:

I may be mistaken, but I dont think these are all that rare. They are definitely uncommon and hard to find, and thus tend to attract a high price, but if you look hard enough you'll find them :biggrin: I also found these both at the same store!

BTW: $50 is a good price, even if the scales are in bad shape. They should be horn if they are original, and horn fixes up nicely. I decided I really like working with horn over the weekend :w00t:

BTW: $50 is a good price, even if the scales are in bad shape. They should be horn if they are original, and horn fixes up nicely. I decided I really like working with horn over the weekend :w00t:

Yup, both of the ones that I found had horn scales. The first set of scales where very trashed, and the second set have been bug chewed quite a bit. :mad3:
I'm going to be making new metal scales for both of these little suckers. I've been documenting the making of the first set in another thread.

I can't wait to see how yours clean up, should be awesome!

Top Bottom