What's new

First DE shave in 30+ years

Greetings

After days and weeks of M3 Power cartridge shaves that I thought would never end, everything seemed to line up for me yesterday. Both the West Coast Shaving 'everything blade sampler' AND my late '40s Super Speed showed up in the mail. I knew I would have some 'work' to do this morning.

Got up early, washed my face well and lathered with Proraso green soap. Pulled the SS out of the Barbicide and loaded it with a beginner blade, the DORCO Platinum ST-300. I snugged it down tight and crossed my fingers that this wouldn't happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgY4-q-oOQ[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgY4-q-oOQ[/YOUTUBE]

I was all concerned about proper blade angle, but the razor seemed to 'find' its own slant and just cut hair. It was tough cutting my wire brush whiskers with that DORCO blade, but it did eventually get the job done. No bloodletting, no rash, no razor burn. Pretty close to a DFS, but my neck remains a problem area (as in not nearly close enough).

All in all, a much better result with a less-than-great DORCO as compared to a new M3 cart. I look forward to using some better blades as my technique continues to improve.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

oldblue

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B, .... remember NO PRESSURE. Ask all the questions you like... there are plenty of experts here that love to answer. I found the Crystals, Red IP's, suited me the best out of a sampler pack

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome to B&B.

The Dorco blades don't get a lot of love here. I strongly suggest an alternate from your Blade Sampler pack, your sure to find something that suits you better.

Last edited:
Welcome! Derby and Feather blades work well for me in my 40s super speed. Practice and experimenting with different razor/blade/cream combinations will lead to you finding what works for you.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

+1 on no pressure and go slow!

Welcome to B&B. Don't be afraid to try a variety of blades, until you find what works best for you.

Top Bottom