What's new

For those who have used LORD Platinum Class & Super Stainless

Does it seem to you that they are more likely to corrode than, for example, Personna red packs or Derby Extras?

I think that possibly they are using sub-par materials -- though they give fine shaves, if I leave one in my DE for the same amount of time as other brands of blades it seems that the LORDs corrode where others don't.

They don't rust to the point of being unusable in the short time between blade changes (which for me is three shaves, and I shave daily.) But I notice discolored spots on the blade.

Again, the shaves don't seem to be affected, but I'd like to hear some others chime in on this.

I've got about 90 LORD blades, and I'm going to use them. I'm skeptical about leaving them in any of my vintage razors between shaves though.

For those of you who remove blades between shaves, what do you do with them in the interim?

I find that the blades are less likely to rust if they aren't left in a closed razor after shaving. The Lord Super Stainless and Derby Extra blades rusted after three shaves if I don't open up the razor and let the blade dry. The Personna reds seem to be the most rust-resistant of the blades you've mentioned. These seem to last about a week with a closed razor.

My current routine is to open the razor after shaving, shake the blade to dry, and store the razor on the stand with the butterfly door open.

Interesting. My Lord Super Stainless don't rust at all. The worst culprit for me is the Astra Superior Platinum.

I am using both of them most of the time for a couple of years now so that would be over a hundred blades, mostly the Super Stainless.

I just rinse them after the shave and leave them there for about a week. But I never have seen any corrosion or even a change in colour on any of them!

I do second rm71's statement on the Astra's; they tend to go black a little after a couple of days.

Hmm, If I didn't start removing the blades after the shaves I would say that I would take a picture.

I think that the water used might have something to do with this. I've read several reports of Shark (made by LORD) rusting, but I've never had this happen, and I just rinse and give a cursory shake when done shaving, using the same blade for a week.

Top Bottom