What's new

Acquisitions Monday January 1 - Sunday January 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife brought in the mail today (it's been a few days) and there was a package from Joe Chandler. He sent a 4/8 full hollow Gotta with gold wash blade and really nice ivory celluloid scales. Wasn't expecting it so it REALLY blew me away! Yeah yeah I know, "useless without pics." I'll try to get those up tomorrow.
Jack

1 tub of QED Lavender shaving soap :001_wub:
1 tub of QED Bay Rum shaving soap :drool:

2 cobalt blue glass atomizers

1 eShave mini sampler pack (Shaving creme, aftershave cremes and their soother product) :thumbup:

Now if only my St. Johns Bay Rum aftershave and sample package would get here!!

Well this one is not exactly post new years but it is the first time that I have had to post this.

I made a custom brush for my brother-in-law as a Christmas present and liked the profile of the handle so much that I had to make one for myself.

The handle is black palm (not stabilized) and the brush is a 28 mm knot overstuffed. Probably my favorite brush so far.

Thank you for the nice comments.

Jim,

Palm is one of the lighter woods that I work with (no where near as light as say black limba) but by changing where the weight is in the brush you can change the feel of the brush. I find this brush to be very comfortable.

I actually had a different handle (it was actually the first one that I made) on this brush head that was smaller. Due to the fact that the brush is overstuffed it was hurting my hand when lathering. So I did what any good woodworker would do. I cut it off and started over. :biggrin: :biggrin: I have since changed my handle designs and the product is what you see on my website. All the handles are much nicer in shape and size.

I am very please with this design.

On holiday in London.

The score:

TOBS (Jermyn Street): Rose cream + Lavender Cream
C&E (Covent Garden): Sweet almond oil cream
Local convenience store: 2 Erasmic shaving sticks, 1 Pears classic bath soap, 10 blades (Sainsbury's rebranded Dorco's)

:biggrin: :biggrin:

De Vergulde Hand Alum Block
De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
Omega Shaving Cream

From Paul at The Dutch Shaving Shop

£11.02 including p&p :biggrin1:

Either the British or the French post hates me. It took five bloody weeks for my Mitchell’s wool fat soap to arrive here. :mad:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Took a weak moment ...probably due to "an excess of Christmas Spirit(s)".....and today I received this from Taylors!

Taylors Avocado Tub
Taylors Shaving Shop Tub
Taylors Bay Rum
Taylors Lavender S Soap

Brian

My leather British military roll-up bag arrived from QED yesterday. Wow, this thing is really well-made and handsome! I definitely recommend it.

And, of course, I also picked up another bottle of the Proraso splash. One can never get enough of that wonderful stuff...

Sorry for the stock photo, but I didn't have a chance to snap a live one.

hello!
Yes we have also Hema in the south of Belgium :biggrin: Never seen Hema blades before...the packaging is a quit similar to Tesco's. Hope the quality is the same:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom