What's new

Time to expand... Tabac and Speick questions....

So,,, I've decided that I need to branch out into the world of soaps....

So far,, all I have used are Conk's lime and almond,,, and I have a Tom's of Maine mint creme waiting for my brush....

I have come to the conclusion that I need to try more soaps... Tabac and Speick are the two that seem to stand out as far as my choices of a good soap with unique scents.....

So,,, What should I get...?? Sticks,, cremes,, or pucks...????

I guess I'm limited to a puck or stick with Tabac,,, and a cream or stick with Speick.....

Where is my money best spent as far as either is concerned...???

So far,,, I haven't used a shave stick... Just bowl-lathering with the conk's pucks...... However,,, I'm not opposed to a stick for face lathering.... I have read in the reviews that Speick may be better in creme form,, though... Also,,, I like how Tabac is available in a puck,, as they are familiar to me.....

Suggestions...???

Thanks in advance,,,
-Jim...

Soaps last longer, are cheaper (when compared to creams), and are more old school making it the clear choice in my book. Tabac and Speick are two great tallow soaps that whip up thick, cushy, and slick lather. They both get very frequent use in my rotation. Speick soap only comes in sticks. I grated my down into a bowl because I don't care to much for a stick at home. Both scents are great but very different. You can get Tabac with the bowl from Fragrance X for like 13-14 bucks with free shipping. Great place to start. Also Arko and Palmolive sticks are just as great.

West Coast shaving supply is a sponsor here,, right...??? I had planned on ordering from them if that is the case.....

Their prices seem good on these two items....

Is "Fragrance X" affiliated with the B&B...??? I'd like to keep my purchase in the extended family of this board.....

No reason not to try Tabac and Speick. While you are at it no reason to try Arko and Palmolive as well as Leche mentioned! :biggrin:

Let the spending begin! :devil:

I actually have no other experiences with soaps other then Tabac but I can tell you that I am more then happy with it. Before I had only used Proraso and some TOBS Lavender cream and while both of them worked well I don't think they quite compare to Tabac.

Good advice above, I'd go with the Tabac!

West Coast shaving supply is a sponsor here,, right...??? I had planned on ordering from them if that is the case.....

Is "Fragrance X" affiliated with the B&B...??? I'd like to keep my purchase in the extended family of this board.....

I've never ordered from FragranceX but alot of ppl on this board have and Ive heard good things, I just order a few items at a time and just like to order from one source.
WCS has both the items you're look at and a few more you might want to try, their shipping rates are good and I always get my items pretty fast.

Yes John (Owner of WCS) is a mod here and a great guy to business with. Fragrance X isn't affiliated with B&B but has some of the best prices on Tabac stuff with free shipping. Lots of people here use it as they also have a TON of colognes and such.

I started with shaving cream this year have only used them and have been getting disappointed lately. For one yes, what Leche said creams do not last long and dry out on my face. I finally placed an order of Tabac and MWF pucks from WCS (John) last night and added Cella. Cella is nice but Im not sure if I consider it a cream.

So I too am leaving the shaving cream wagon except for Speick. Ill post my findings with the soaps.

Neither soap is very expensive. Try both! Once you try Tabac, you may never want to use a cream again. I know that I don't!

As we near the end of Tabac-tober, I think I'm finally getting reasonably proficient in building lather from a soap. Today's shave was terrific and the Tabac was all it is supposed to be, cushioning and slick at the same time.

Shaves like this could make me a full-time soap convert.

You cannot go wrong with these two. I personally would have gone with the Speick stick instead of cream though. Face lathering with that is a joy.

I love the shaves I get with both of these, love the smell of Speick and can tolerate Tabac scent.

Top Bottom