What's new

Fun with Travel Kits

Or, if you prefer, the intersection of Shameless Self-aggrandizement and New Camera.

Top: Epic Wardonia Travel Kit in white Bakelite. Two tubes, Wardonia razor, two blade holders, all snaps together tight and secure. A brilliantly executed piece of 1940's design.

Middle: Classic English Two-Tix calf-skin travel set. Silver tubes, fake Gillette New (possibly Wilkinson). Bone toothbrush from D.R. Harris (my addition). The fake Gillette is a medieval torture device and bone feels weird in your mouth (strangely) but damn it looks good.

Bottom Left: American-style 1940's Cowhide Travel Kit: Yellow Celluloid holders, sweet Maple bristle brush. The celluloid is gorgeous and is double-thick--damn hard to break, so this is the kit I actually use most of the time.

Attachments

• $yellow_kit.jpg
    $yellow_kit.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:
The Big Red One: Foot long red American-style two-piece travel set. Amazing set, two brushes, entire bottom lifts out as a piece.

Do you put these in your checked luggage, or do you separate out the liquids and put them in the plastic bag the TSA requires?

Nice, thanks for sharing I travel a lot.
I am always interested seeing how other folks gear up on the road.

Travel kits are fascinating. My bride bought me an AoS travel kit to get me started wet shaving (albeit with M3, before I discovered DE, SE, or Straight shaving), and I still use about 1/2 of the kit, (case, brush, & balm).

A small update. Both still need a good cleaning.

1940's American Cowhide set. Mainly got it because of the pattern on the celluloid and the brush.

1940's Cowhide Set. It was 99 cents. 'Nuff said. This one I will use.

What description do you look for on these? I've been keeping an eye out on eBay but nothing good has been showing up under 'shave kit' or 'travel kit'.

I forgot that I never took pics of these. Two English style shaving kits in binocular-style cases. One metal, one hard-core Bakelite.

The bakelite one I am going to use as a cologne kit, since, as I have discovered, a basic round 15 ml glass atomizer fits snugly in those tubes. Like they were born to go in them.

Some nice kits there! I won some travel kits recently on the ebay too, have post some pics when they arrive. One even comes with a Super Speed!

Yup, received my first one:

proxy.php

I put more pics in the score forum Acquisitions section, don't want to flood up this thread with my pics.

Yup, received my first one:

proxy.php

I put more pics in the score forum Acquisitions section, don't want to flood up this thread with my pics.

That is a sweet English kit, dude. Good snag.

Okay, boys and girls, lets see some vintage kits. I know some of you must have some new ones since they keep getting bought out from under me on the 'bay.

Top Bottom