What's new

Why do I even bother with anything but Frasers? :)

It seems like whenever I want to be absolutely sure I am going to get a comfortable, irritation free shave, I grab the Frasers. Love the (original) scent, love how it lathers, love how it works, love how it leaves my face feeling. There is nothing that, for me, works better and certainly nothing at the price point!:biggrin:

Sometimes, I feel the same way. I'm scraping bottom on a tub of the regular right now, and I just cracked open a tub of the Polar Ice. So far, I'm not a fan of that scent, but it still shaves as good as the original. I do however, still reach for Tabac soap, and a few others, from time to time.

I just tried Fraser's Oriental Spice for the first time this morning. I had gotten it as a freebie sample with an order that I had placed with ShavingEssentials. I've been working my way through the various TOBS sample creams I ordered (with which I've honestly been a bit disappointed by their scent) and hadn't really paid any attention to the Fraser's sample.

WOW! It was really nice stuff! It lathered well, was nice and slick, cushiony and smelled really great as well! I think I may have to order a tub of this sometime. How did I not find this earlier? It doesn't seem to receive much praise around here. I wonder why...

I have always thought of Fraser's (original) as a go to cream. It has no negatives to me and always gives me a great shave. I have tried it's various scents and always come back to the original . Efficient and cheap, what's not to like. Plus it smells like a lime slush.

I think I need to track down a sample of that Mosswood. I love a good moss, but I don't want to get stuck with a big gulp of shaving cream I don't like.

I have always thought of Fraser's (original) as a go to cream. It has no negatives to me and always gives me a great shave. I have tried it's various scents and always come back to the original . Efficient and cheap, what's not to like. Plus it smells like a lime slush.

still smells like laundry detergent to me, but i've gotten used to it so it's not so bad anymore

It seems like whenever I want to be absolutely sure I am going to get a comfortable, irritation free shave, I grab the Frasers. Love the (original) scent, love how it lathers, love how it works, love how it leaves my face feeling. There is nothing that, for me, works better and certainly nothing at the price point!:biggrin:

I had the same revelation this week!

Lots of good stuff out there. Would you eat the same meal you had last night for every meal?

I always get a great shave with Fraser but I still love trying new soaps and creams.
On another note:
I wouldn't eat the same meal every night, but I have had the same wife for 25 years... which is just fine with me :biggrin:

Trying to order the JM frasiers regular and oriental spice. Hopefully I like them as much as everyone else..seems like a great deal and is pretty well liked.

I shaved with the Frasers regular this morning - it really deserves all the accolades it gets - it is truly wonderful stuff. It will be staying in my top five creams indefinitely.

I'm not the biggest fan of the scent... and it's really bothering me. I so desperately want to like this stuff but is smells to me too much like some kind of bathroom cleaner or something but of course the actual cream makes an excellent shave. Can anyone comment on if it makes sense to buy some essential oil like mint, lime, etc and put in a few drops with the lather? will that affect my brush?
TIA

I was also thinking the same thing...if the scent was bothering me I would most likely add a drop or two of EO in my lathering bowl or mix a good amount into the tub. Hopefully I get a response back from Shaving essentials soon so I can try the stuff out for myself! :w00t:

I'm not the biggest fan of the scent... and it's really bothering me. I so desperately want to like this stuff but is smells to me too much like some kind of bathroom cleaner or something but of course the actual cream makes an excellent shave. Can anyone comment on if it makes sense to buy some essential oil like mint, lime, etc and put in a few drops with the lather? will that affect my brush?
TIA

I was also thinking the same thing...if the scent was bothering me I would most likely add a drop or two of EO in my lathering bowl or mix a good amount into the tub. Hopefully I get a response back from Shaving essentials soon so I can try the stuff out for myself! :w00t:

I don't know if adding essential oil to the cream will do anything to your brush but I do agree that the scent of regular Frasers is something to be desired. although, i've had mine for a couple of months now and can honestly say that i've gotten used to it and don't find it as offensive anymore. it still performs great and I now want to try the oriental spice which is cheaper in cost

TIA

I took a few scoops of the original and added a few drops of cedar oil and a little bit of lavender Kiss My Face cream- it seems to have toned down the lime kool-aid scent and it still works great.

Barry

I just used up a tub of the polar ice and I want to try the mosswood next. This is great stuff it gives a good cushion and it's slick.

Clayton

Top Bottom