What's new

PAL blades still made?

Tonight I got a black-handled SS from my wife's aunt. The ZipLock she gave it to me in also had a plastic PAL dispenser with one or two blades in it, and a cardboard pack with three paper-wrapped blades in it. Are PAL blades still made? Should I give these a try, or keep them safe for posterity?

Enquiring minds want to know...

PAL Single Edge blades are still made.

I bought some from a Family Dollar about 3 months ago. Neither of my Family Dollar stores stocks them anymore, however.

I don't think the Pal DE blades are made any longer. I have a small supply of them which I use from time to time. Being an experimenter with old carbon steel blades I have found that the Pal blades are among the best of that type. They are certainly capable of delivering a good shave but that depends on their current condition. If they were stored poorly they are probably deteriorated and unusable. If they look clean and shiny they may be OK. Just don't expect them to feel like a modern coated stainless blade.

I don't believe you can get PAL DE blades anymore.

PAL's an ASR (American Safety Razor) brand. So is Personna.

Keep them if you want, use them if you want. They'll not really be worth very much to anyone else, but if you like collecting, why not?

- Chris

Thanks for the info, gents. I guess I'll do some experimenting, as I'm not really into collecting razor-related stuff...

Top Bottom