What's new

Pictures of 1979 Razors??

Because Im not looking into buying (yet) that's why I didn't post in WTB thread but does anyone have or have a picture of a 1979 Gillette razor? Or something made in 1979? Looking to buy that year because of my birthday and want to get an idea what was made. Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
look

proxy.php

proxy.php

I too was born in 1979 and have been looking for my birthday razor. I understand the underside of the super adjustable (head) is plastic. Is that the same for the black handled super speed also? I sure wish they made some cooler looking razors in '79. Did schick make the Krona in that year? Was Merkur around 30 years ago? Thanks in advance.

how did you date the super adjustable??? mine also has the plastic base and a numeral 3 on the bottom of the base and a T & Z inside under the doors

how did you date the super adjustable??? mine also has the plastic base and a numeral 3 on the bottom of the base and a T & Z inside under the doors

are you sure? Under the head is one number of the moulding tool, inside the head is the date code with letter and number. Maybe yours is a "T2" and not a "TZ", but the Super-Adjustable with plastic plate starts 1977 with "X" :confused:

proxy.php

The Krona was certainly around then. It was the DE I purchased around that time. They often sold for $1.99 as a promotion, while the Gillette was $5 bucks or more (Gillette did not really have promotions on the DE much anymore, having moved on to the Trac II, and then the Atra). Also, the Schick Injector was still being promoted as well.

79...what a year!! YMCA sued Village People, Carter was President, Tatcher Prime minister and Sahara desert saw a 30 mn snow fall!! But i digress, nice shavers still being sold at that time:

-Schick Ultra cart' D(ouble)B(lade) (the regular one, metalic handle with squares)
-Trac II cart'
-Atra
-Black Beauty SS as above

Hello, I haven't been able to find a date code on my Super Adjustable. It has plastic base but no date codes anywhere on the exterior. I know the plastic base started in 1977. Does anyone know what the year the Super Adjustables were produced without date codes?

Hello, I haven't been able to find a date code on my Super Adjustable. It has plastic base but no date codes anywhere on the exterior. I know the plastic base started in 1977. Does anyone know what the year the Super Adjustables were produced without date codes?

I think there was every year a date code. Nothing inside the head?

The date code should be in the blade carriage area on the plastic based ones.

Nothing other than the pat. stamp and molded 3 on the plastic base. There aren't any codes anywhere on my razor head. I'll try to post some pictures.

I too was born in 1979 and have been looking for my birthday razor. I understand the underside of the super adjustable (head) is plastic. Is that the same for the black handled super speed also? I sure wish they made some cooler looking razors in '79. Did schick make the Krona in that year? Was Merkur around 30 years ago? Thanks in advance.

The Super Speed was not made of plastic in 1979.

Top Bottom