What's new

How do you manuever around the Adams apple?

How do you get the blade around the Adam's apple? Seems that no matter which way I try to go I'll end up with a nick. So what are some tricks to getting around it?

I may not have as prominent an adam's apple as you, but I have a significant scar that needs special care. I would suggest stretching the skin and the swallow trick. Maybe even a tucking of the chin while stretching. I also scoot between the heel and point of the blade to get close.

I used to wonder how to do this and just pulling the skin towards one side and then the other worked well. I must have gotten a bit better at shaving because these days I don't do anything like this. I seem to be able to follow the contours with the razor while maintaining the proper angle and the light touch. I don't really remember how I've transitioned to this stage though. I guess it just happens with practice.

I just gently go with the curve. The problem I have is the 2" on either side where I have a real hard time getting BBS.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I just grow a "soul patch" over my A.A. ... chicks dig it.

(Either that, or I do the pull to the left and right thingy.) :001_tongu

I can lower mine below the hair border :)
It's kinda kreepy.

Mine resides just below the hair line.

I'd go with the half-swallow trick for sure, if I had to though. It still leaves your other hand free to stretch the skin in which direction you want.

Top Bottom