What's new

Need a dress shoe from Amazon for under $150

Ok, turned in my coins to a coinstar, took the amazon gift card because I tend to shop there quite a bit. Anyway, I've got $150 to spend on new stuff and I figured I only have one pair of black dress shoes, so I should get another pair. Or at least a second pair of loafers.

I was thinking a burgundy for the dress shoe. And I'd want quality. Same goes for the loafer (although I suppose black would be ok). Never actually looked for shoes at amazon.com. Anyway, help is appreciated, I am a newb at expensive shoes.

Might just buy some jeans and dress shirts with the money... But I think I need shoes more.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother with Amazon, use it for jeans and go to a store to buy them in person. What kind of shoe are you looking for in general? Penny loafers? Drivers? lace up ?

Honestly I wouldn't even bother with Amazon, use it for jeans and go to a store to buy them in person. What kind of shoe are you looking for in general? Penny loafers? Drivers? lace up ?

Heck if I know. I probably need shoe school. :p

I like laces for my dress. Slip ons for more casual wear. Sounds good about just buying jeans and whatnot from amazon. I'm going to use up all this money and then a month from now I'm going to realize I should have spent it on something truly necessary like brake pads... :lol:

Truth be told you can get some decent shoes , me personally I love my driver loafers with no laces for everything except a suit and the formal occasions. You can get decent quality shoes from jcrew or banana republic which are in my opinion 50x better than what you get at an Aldo ( I hate Aldo) . You can even look into shoes like Cole Haan which are pretty great.

A little on the conservative side, but Johnston & Murphy make high quality dress shoes in your price range. For something more fashion forward you could look at Via Spiga shoes, which are also quite comfortable.

Go online to Zappos to see what's available.

- Peter

+1 on Johnston and Murphy. Also, Amazon often has great sale prices on Allen Edmonds. Normally, AE are very expensive, but I just bought a pair on Amazon for under $150. They only had three sizes available, but one of them happened to be mine. It's just hit or miss with the deep discounts.

+1 on Johnston and Murphy. Also, Amazon often has great sale prices on Allen Edmonds. Normally, AE are very expensive, but I just bought a pair on Amazon for under $150. They only had three sizes available, but one of them happened to be mine. It's just hit or miss with the deep discounts.

Fantastic deal for my favorite shoes. I paid $350. for the last pair I bought.

- Peter

Thank you very much for the link. Unfortunately the one I'm interested in is not available in my size. I will check regularly now that you've made me aware.

- Peter

I just looked and there are quite a few models of AE for under $150 on Amazon. Try looking at all the shoes, not just the ones listed as 50% off.

Recently I remember seeing Unlisted by Kenneth Cole shoes on sale at Amazon. I recently picked up a pair of brown Converse Voliant and a pair of black Helly Hansen dress boats for $80 shipped from Amazon. The Converse are nice enough that I can wear to work and the boots are great. There are definitely some good deals to be found there.

rockports my friend are excellent shoes. And comfortable.

I had a pair of dressports that lasted for 6 years and were the most comfortable shoes I'd ever owned. When they died (about 2 years ago), I bought another pair and my feet and knees were hurting by the time I'd get to the car. Another friend had the same problems. One shoe store told me that they had changed their design during that time. Perhaps they've changed it back by now?

I went with some classic AE shoes that I loved, but the leather soles seemed to give me problems. Any amount of time on my feet and they would hurt, along with my knees.

I returned the AE to Nordstroms and went with some Mephistos that have worked well. My next shoe will probably be the rubber soled AE that I didn't see at the time. I love the history of the AE shoe.

Did you have $150 worth of saved change? I think that deserves a round of applause.

My quarter slot machine easily has that in it. $150 in change is not all that much. I throw all mine in a jar, and clean it out in December for a Christmas present for me. I generally have $275-$350 after a year.

Forget Amazon, I went to Last Chance (apparently theres only one in the nation and its right next door!) and picked up a pair of Allen Edmund Kennets for $70. Score!

They had more AE's for $40 and rockports for $30. Crazy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom