What's new

Method shaving??

I was looking round on Mantics videos and there were a few videos talking about method shaving using specific products called Hydroblast.. Now is the word method shaving just used for those products? Is that method only for those products? I'm sort of lost :confused:

Thanks!

I read through it and went to that company website... ummm a bit to much money for me... I'll stick with free style :cool:

You can get a starter kit for $25. It will be the closest shave you've ever had. There's a lot of method shavers here. But I bet 98 percent of us use other methods too. We don't MS shave every day. The MS subforum is a great resource.

I always figured Method Shaving was using the same products/routine everytime.

I'm still learning and pretty much have two of every product (that damn AD is killer!) so I'm mixing it up left and right. Don't know if this will slow down my technique, but I want to get my money's worth of all these damn products!

I think the shaving forms are worth looking into, even if you decide not to go for the products. There's too much emphasis placed on following the grain of hair growth. I think it's worthwhile paying a little attention to the way the face curves, and to how your wrist, hand, and fingers move and rotate the blade. Method shaving's forms is a good place to start to break you from strictly following grain. Adapt from there. Find you own forms.

Conversely, the products might be used without the forms. Since I haven't used them, I'll stop here.

Top Bottom