What's new

thrift store finds

thought i'd dedicate a thread to the wonderful world of thriftstores and the deals that can be had.

my recent finds:

brooks brothers suit: $40

proxy.php

l'occitane en provence travel bag (which i'll use for my razor, brush & shave soap): 99 cents

proxy.php

Gap khaki pants: $3

Last edited:
I got a pretty sweet black acid wash denim jacket that I used for a Halloween costume a few years ago. I cut the sleeves off to make it more amazing.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Old thread, but I'm jazzed I just picked up a pair of bees wax Clarks Desert Boots from a local thrift shop for $10. These are in great condition. It occurred to me that CDBs are one of those things that look better with age and use, like tweed jackets and OCBD shirts. Its the perfect sort of thrift shop find.

Old thread, but I'm jazzed I just picked up a pair of bees wax Clarks Desert Boots from a local thrift shop for $10. These are in great condition. It occurred to me that CDBs are one of those things that look better with age and use, like tweed jackets and OCBD shirts. Its the perfect sort of thrift shop find.

Nice find! I’m kind of more impressed with you finding a 10 year old thread though lol

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Nice find! I’m kind of more impressed with you finding a 10 year old thread though lol
LOL! The magic of the search bar! I didn’t want to start a new thread and I thought there’s got to be some kind of “what did you score at the thrift store?” thread. I guess we don’t talk about thrift stores that much here.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I guess we don’t talk about thrift stores that much here.
We should talk more about Thrift Store finds in this forum. Thanks for bringing this thread to our attention. Now will have to find something that is worthy of sharing in this thread.

As an avid thrift store shopper (where else do you find good quality, American made suits on the cheap), thank you for pulling this thread back to the top. Here in SE Virginia I do the usual Goodwill/DAV runs. I go up to Richmond and hit the stores in Carytown regularly. But other than a $5 Robert Graham, not a lot of success lately, seems the secret of vintage suits is out.

Picked up a pair of Johnston and Murphy Optima wingtips today at my thrift store for 5 dollars. The soles show pretty much no wear and I think they will shine up nicely

I buy practically all of my ties from the local thrift shop. $3 vs. $70 is a no brainer. I will occasionally buy a tie at Jo. A Banks if I am there for a shirt or something and they are having a sale.

Top Bottom