What's new

need a dress shoe recommendation to wear with khakis

There are no dress shoes that are suitable for wear with khakis.

If what you really mean is "nice" then any brown or burgundy blucher or loafer will work fine. I'm partial to the Alden line, and their their plain-toe blucher, hand-sewn moccasin and penny loafer work well in this application. I wore khakis and my Leisure Handsewn Moccasins today in fact.

You can't go wrong with a nice pair of oxblood loafers. Alden, Allen-Edmonds, J&M, Cole Hahn, and Church's are all fine brands, but a lot depends upon your budget.

There are no dress shoes that are suitable for wear with khakis.

If what you really mean is "nice" then any brown or burgundy blucher or loafer will work fine. I'm partial to the Alden line, and their their plain-toe blucher, hand-sewn moccasin and penny loafer work well in this application. I wore khakis and my Leisure Handsewn Moccasins today in fact.

Agree...khakis are to casual for dress shoes. I always wear a cole haan loafer with mine.

if i'm going for a "country club" ensemble - it's a button-down oxford (white or blue), rep tie, navy blazer, khakis and oxblood weejuns

otherwise, with polos or flannel shirts it's the deck shoes

Blundstones?

proxy.php

if i'm going for a "country club" ensemble - it's a button-down oxford (white or blue), rep tie, navy blazer, khakis and oxblood weejuns

otherwise, with polos or flannel shirts it's the deck shoes

absolutely, except real brand name weejuns are crap these days and never socks with topsiders, so maybe flannels shirts and deck shoes not so good most days

otherwise, penny loafers and topsiders are the shoes to wear with khakis!

Dirty buck saddle shoes.

Something like these?
proxy.php

Or how about regular dirty buck oxfords like (really meant to show just top left):
proxy.php

Uber classic for khakis, too, and probably closer to a "dress shoe" which is what original request was for. Goes nicely with a sports coat and khakis for sure. You could wear them to the country club or to the football game. Whatever happened to dirty buck oxfords anyway? This once a very popular shoe. Very comfortable and practical. Very versitile. Hardly ever see them around these days.

I suppose as for lessy dressy shoes that still work nicely with khakis, and which give another but different classic look, desert boots or Wallabees. Make the khakis Dickees and wear the Wallabees and you have some urban street cred. A little Dr. Dre or Snoop west coast style. Or another how did we over look it, except they would not be dress shoes--Tims. As in "TImberlands." Very urban. Low key hip. Kind of what Tommy Hifigner had going in the day.

I agree with others that said "no dress shoes goes with khakis" except what I really mean is no lace, shiny leather, traditonal leather sole shoe, goes with khakis. Shiny cordovan/oxblood loafers can be pretty dressy and they go great with khakis. Dirty bucks are potentially dressy in that you can get away with them in pretty dressy situations, and they go great with khakis.

Last edited:
Bass Weejuns, in either black or oxblood, depending on the color of the shirt that you wear.Make sure that you have a belt to match the shoe color!

Top Bottom