What's new

Another Newbie Saying Hi

Just wanted to surface and say hello. I've been lurking here for a few weeks, reading, learning, and preparing to get started.

One day, a few weeks ago, I realized I was down to my last couple of Mach 3 Turbo cartridges and I was going to need to go out and spend close to $15 for four new ones. To top it off I had a lousy shave that day. I went to work and while I was doing my quick catch-up of morning news and blogs and finishing my coffee I saw a blog post on The Art of Manliness about how to get the perfect straight razor shave. I was intrigued. Then, not ten minutes later on MSNBC, there was an article on wet-shaving. I took it all as an omen and started researching the subject on the Internet and discovered Badger & Blade.

I'm starting slowly (and inexpensively :001_smile). I just picked up a VDH shaving kit from Wallyworld with a brush, soap and bowl and last night I ordered a Merkur Classic and a blade sampler from WestCoast. While I wait for the razor and blades I'll work on practicing working up a lather and shaving with the Mach 3 and probably start in ernest next week.

I'm going to be talking to my mom tomorrow and I plan to ask her if she still has any of my dad's old razors. She never throws anything away so I'm hoping she does.

Anyway, I'll take it slow and keep reading. Thank you all for all the great information.

Bruce

Welcome, you are about to set sail on an amazing journey. You will glean lots of incredible information from the gentlemen in this forum.

Do not hesitate to ask questions, no matter how simple or silly you may think they are.
Do not hesitate to ask for help
Do enjoy the threads, information and friendly banter.
Do participate in PIF (Pay it forwards, its a great way to try some new stuff out)
Do check out the wiki for lots of great information.
Do utilize the extensive review section, to find out more about many of the shaving products out there...

Most of all enjoy the shaves.

Hi Bruce. We've got something for nearly everyone here, and I trust you'll find what you are looking for here. Fun and games, camaraderie, information, reviews...

Not only will you get better shaves, but it's healthier and much more enjoyable. It can be more cost effective too, but many of us find we like spending money on fine shaving gear.

Welcome to B&B! I started basically the same way. I read an article online regarding wet shaving and was tired of the prices of refills. I found this site and it has been a blessing. Great people and really solid advice. Be sure to check our the reviews section. I find it really helps!

Taking it slow is a great idea. As you browse around you'll notice many of us have acquisition disorders, which are a real strain on the wallet. Hope you enjoy the site and the fine art of wet shaving.

Top Bottom