What's new

Shave Daily?

okay so since there are so few of us women...guys what do you do to keep the irritation down on your faces...maybe I can incorporate those ideas for my legs.

Well I know that I would never want to shave without some sort of After Lotion/Splash/Blam otherwise I think my face would be pretty rough. I'd imagine there is something similar made for women.

Also, a lot of people, including myself, like witch hazel. You might find that to be helpful followed by some moisturizer afterwards.

I am finding out that I have a case of razor burn. I sting and nothing is making it better.

While legs are less sensitive than faces, most of the same factors apply.

- You need to angle the handle of the razor over toward the surface being shaved only enough to get the blade in contact with the bases of the hairs. If you shave with the handle closer to parallel to your leg you're dragging the blade along the skin, irritating it more and cutting less hair.

- You need only apply enough pressure to get the blade to the surface of your leg (meaning almost no pressure). The extra pressure just digs into the skin.

- Chris

- You need to angle the handle of the razor over toward the surface being shaved only enough to get the blade in contact with the bases of the hairs. If you shave with the handle closer to parallel to your leg you're dragging the blade along the skin, irritating it more and cutting less hair.

Have not heard that tid bit of info yet. Thanks!!! Could be part of my problem.

If any of the answers given you work, let us know - I'd like to be able to shave every day but the skin on my neck won't take it (I have a beard but keep my neck shaved...apparently it's more sensitive than the face and ends up like :mad: ).

Well i shave everyday, the important is to have a good technique, good blades, and no pressure.
For the legs sorry i never shaved mine.

Try wetting your legs and then applying a bit of baby oil to them. Then lather as usual and shave. I've found on my face , if I use the baby oil first, it cuts down on almost all the irritation. I tried the baby oil because my wife uses it to moisturise after a shower. Good luck.

I shave daily without irritation. I think it's the little things that help like technique and blade angle. An oil my help with the prep and I'd suggest using Witch hazel when you are done, prior to a lotion.

Well, The angle thing is for sure! I have really been practicing this over the past week and have been getting good shaves. Thanks again for that great tip!!!

Top Bottom