What's new

New Female to the Group!!!

Just wanted to say hey and see if there are any out there with any tips for a newbie. I have been shaving with a DE blade for about a week now. I am loving it. I have a small supply of samples and would love some input on getting something more permanent. I know there are some out there who can help a newbie like me. Thanks!!!
-jsrdrnr

Welcome to B&B!
Not sure if I can help with the advice for a female exactly, but if you have any specific questions, you know there will be plenty of gentleman and hopefully ladies who will jump right in to help.
Good luck and welcome to my new addiction. :)

Welcome, there's plenty of info here, unfortunately I have no experience with Lady shaving. Unless you just gave up a career in the circus side show and are looking to get rid of that beard!:wink2:

Welcome! I'm sure someone will come along soon and be able to answer your question. Unfortunately, I'm not that person.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Mmm, it depends what you are after. Soaps, creams, blades, brush, razors?

What do you have at the moment?

Welcome! It's certainly nice to hear from the fairer sex around here. If you seem to be running low on samples, there's a couple of gals named sue that can get you into top notch products at very affordable prices.

Sue's shave sticks have a reputation for being wonderful women's shave products. If I'm not mistaken there used to be "shave sticks for chicks".

Sue has what I consider to be the "bang for your buck" leader in shave soaps. Great slickness and easy lather from a $4 puck.

If you have any questions on technique and the like, we'll do our best. However, a very small number of our esteemed membership shave their own legs.:smile:

[. However, a very small number of our esteemed membership shave their own legs.:smile:[/QUOTE]

At least a small number that will admit it!:001_tongu

What do you have at the moment?

I have a Gillette '57 super speed razor and am using TOBs samples at the moment. All were gifts to my hubbie who is new into the traditional shaving thing too. I would really like to find something that is more floral smelling or less masculine smelling though while shaving. I know TOBs does make a Rose sent and a few others though. I am looking mostly for ideas on shaving in general. How often. When do I change my blade, that sort of thing.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have a Gillette '57 super speed razor and am using TOBs samples at the moment. All were gifts to my hubbie who is new into the traditional shaving thing too. I would really like to find something that is more floral smelling or less masculine smelling though while shaving. I know TOBs does make a Rose sent and a few others though. I am looking mostly for ideas on shaving in general. How often. When do I change my blade, that sort of thing.

That's a good start!

TOBS has the rose scent and it's a great cream. If you want something a bit different but in the same range, Geo F. Trumper also make a Rose. They have violet and coconut. All very nice and good!

You could order a GFT sample pack, it worth it.

For your blade, mmm, I'm unsure how to quantify shaving on a leg vs a face. I usually do 3 passes when I shave and change the blade after 3 shaves. If the blade start to pull, change it.

If you are looking for recommendations on creams and soaps you should use, be sure to check out the 'Reviews' section of the site to get some valuable opinions on products. I'd personally recommend Taylor's of Old Bond Street lavender shave cream because it smells great and lathers easily, or Kiss My Face Fragrance Free shave cream if you have sensitive skin. It also lathers very easily. I saw that Ook made a reference to Sue's Soaps. Doesn't she have a contest for newbies to win some of her soaps? You may want to check into that too.

Last edited:

Welcome!

I'd heartily recommend Mama Bear's shaving soaps. Great fragrances, and they lather up a nicely.

As for changing a blade, its typically personal preference. My sister who i got into DE shaving tosses the blade every other shave. There's a lot of surface area on legs.

Top Bottom