Well after pickup up product and a brush I was all set to put it to use with my M3. The Merkur HD is on order as well as the sample pack of blades, so I should have about a week to get the routine down so I can concentrate on technique when the razor comes.
First I have to say this is the best shave I've ever had with the M3. It's amazing what proper lubrication does. It's no closer than it was before but I have no razor burn and it feels goooooood! I had been shaving in the shower with a thick lather of facial soap and would always get razor burn. I've tried gels and cans but the result was always the same. I now understand what a good shaving cream is! That M3 never glided so good.
Here is my routine, comments are appreciated. For now I'm just trying to k.i.s.s. and not get too overwhelmed with too many steps, but I'm always open for suggestions.
1. filled mug up with warm water and placed brush in mug to spa.
2. Filled sink up with hot water and put mug above in it to get it warm.
3. Took shower as usual, using Neutrogena face scrub to wash face. I did this to keep things consistent as a baseline. Eventually I may try just using hot water etc...
4. Out of the shower, not drying face.
5. Empty out mug, shake out brush.
6. dime size amount of C&E shave cream in mug. Wasn't able to pick up Proraso cream locally, will have to order. But I do have some soap I will try either tomorrow or the next day.
7. Whipped up a fine lather if I do say so myself and applied it to the face (thank god for the videos!)
8. Basically shave WTG for 2 passes relathering in between. I did go XTG for a third pass on the neck because of weird hair growth. I was careful not to press down hard so I could do multiple passes with no irritation.
9. Rinsed with warm water to get clean and then with cold for ~30 sec to close pores.
10. Dabbed face dry and applied Proraso after shave cream.
Woo wee! My face feels clean, tight, smooth and no razor burn! Just the cream and a brush made a huge difference, I can't imagine what its going to feel like after I get a DE razor!