What's new

Dollar Store cologne knock-offs

Having grown up with Pinaud's Bay Rum, the Ivy Club feels like I am splashing water on my face. Where is the sting??

Having grown up with Pinaud's Bay Rum, the Ivy Club feels like I am splashing water on my face. Where is the sting??

Yeah, I haven't felt the burn using any other product myself, however Ivy Club isn't watery and its only $1.63.
Maybe its just the price tag that has you confused?

Hello all!!

Well, I went to Family Dollar today...and I must say, I'm impressed with Ivy Club. I didn't realize there was a difference in the "new" old spice until I smelled this...reminds me of my dad's bathroom :)

Thanks to all who recommended this.

-Ben

I've only seen it (personally) at Family Dollar. There are some other places that stock it too, based on what others have said. :)

At 99 Cents Only you'll find it under the Regatta Yacht Club brand. It's the same thing. Phoenix Labs.

I bought 4 of Jean Phillipe Paris/Jordache knock-offs at the Deals store couple of months ago and here is how I rate them to closeness to the genuine juices:

1) Ed Hardy knockoff - pretty good knockoff with around 90-95% being close to the original.
2) Cool Water knockoff - another good knockoff with 85-90% being close to original.
3) DG Light blue knockoff - around 80% close to the real thing.
4) Ralph Lauren Polo Green knockoff - smells nothing like the genuine fragrance.

Jean Phillipe Paris/Jordache knockoff of Old Spice smells nothing like the real thing, so don't bother getting your hands on it. I was very disappointing when I opened the box inside the store and tested it on myself.

Also Paris Hilton for women knockoff by Jean Phillipe Paris/Jordache smells pretty much (95%) like a real thing.

Good thing that these $1 El Cheapo knockoffs do not smell of alcohol like the $5 street vendor fakes do. Bad thing is that they don't last long: 1-2 hours tops. Different locations have different assortments and they replenish it with other scents.

Regatta Yacht Club is very close to original Old Spice. They sell this stuff along with Macho (Brut knockoff) at the local National Liquidator store for $1.00 each.

Top Bottom