What's new

Razor collections

People seem not only to use a variety of razors, but collect them too. Would anyone care to admit how many razors they have?

oy. That thread wasn't too long ago. Since then I've gone up to 161. Minus 1 outgoing plus 3 incoming... 163. Very nearly doubled.

Lol... Strong within him, the RAD is.... (YODAish quote).

Yeah, I remember you were at 87 or something, had sold me a '54 Super Speed. I shaved with it for the first time Tuseday (nice!), then "loaned" it to a friend of mine, who wanted to try a DE again after 30 years away.

I was at 15 when that post first ran, now somewhere between 80-90...

not enough :biggrin:

+1

Passing 40 on Monday, and alas my beard doesn't grow fast enough.
I have giving it a though that maybe I should do as the professional bicycle riders and shave my legs as well :w00t:
- but that would be stretching it, right?

I'm somewhere north of 40 after yesterday. I picked up a well loved red tip that needed a good cleaning and then I'll find a good home for this poor little orphan.....
I also picked up what I think is a single ring, but I've got to do some checking first.

+1

Passing 40 on Monday, and alas my beard doesn't grow fast enough.
I have giving it a though that maybe I should do as the professional bicycle riders and shave my legs as well :w00t:
- but that would be stretching it, right?

I too have given more than just a passing thought to shaving elsewhere.
What has stopped me is the thought that shaving a leg wouldn't give me the information I need to judge a razor. The whole apples and oranges bit.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm waiting for the car to warm up right now, then I'm off to the antique shop to look around. They had a Wedge in there last week that I'm going to grab if it's still there!

Guess I might be talking to Ambrose soon about some work!!

I too have given more than just a passing thought to shaving elsewhere.
What has stopped me is the thought that shaving a leg wouldn't give me the information I need to judge a razor. The whole apples and oranges bit.

I shave my legs and although it is enjoyable, it's quite different regarding prep and razor choice. I have a slow growing beard so it holds me over when I'm keen to shave! (and yes, I am a "pro" bicycle racer- I'm on my way to race cyclocross this afternoon!). For leg shaving I like the slim adjustable at 2 or 3 or a SS.

I'm currently gripped with RAD and trying a bunch of new razors, but I just got an incredible shave from a 90 year old Gillette Old Type; I like open combs and slants lately.

I've got about a dozen DE razors.

I have four:

2 fatboys
1 redtip SS
1 late-40's SS

I don't know why I have 2 fatboys, they both feel exactly the same. The redtip feels a lot like the fatboys but lacks the adjustment feature. The late 40's SS is a nice "gentle" shaver that I use when I feel like a less than aggressive shave is in order.

My problem is not admitting to how many I have, it's finding them all and counting them! "Oh, wait, there's another box with a few more in it!" :rolleyes:

Top Bottom