What's new

Different Purpose?

I have the VDH kit still, and I haven't used it in quite some time. However I've been thinking about using it as a facial cleaning kit. You create lather with it like normal, but you scrub it all over your face, and get your face all nice and clean, for when you don't shave. Should this be okay? Or do you recommend me using any facial soaps to "lather" instead?

I am not sure a shaving soap is adequate for the whole face. If what you like is the scrubbing action of the brush you can massage your face with facial soap without creating lather.

I have the VDH kit still, and I haven't used it in quite some time. However I've been thinking about using it as a facial cleaning kit. You create lather with it like normal, but you scrub it all over your face, and get your face all nice and clean, for when you don't shave. Should this be okay? Or do you recommend me using any facial soaps to "lather" instead?

I've done this with VDH. My face was sweaty so I just brushed up with some VDH and rinsed. Much better.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't wash your face with VDH soap.

On the other hand, I really enjoy shaving with VDH Deluxe; I think it's a great soap once you learn how to hit the sweet spot. Shaved with it again this morning. Nice.

Oh, and if you decide you just want to use it as a facial soap, why lather it up with a brush? Take it out of whatever container you have it in, rub the puck between your hands like it's a bar soap, and scrub your face to your heart's content.

I have and continue to do this. VDH Deluxe, especially, makes an excellent facial soap. It cleans well, and the shea butter is great on the skin.

Top Bottom