What's new

Cost of Merkur DE blades

Why are Merkur blades so expensive?

Feathers were about the same, but their selling price seems to have been driven down on eBay. There are new suppliers from Singapore, Thailand that sell 100 blades for approx. $30.00 I remember not too long ago when the price was about $50 for the same.

Feathers are too much for me, in terms of blade performance. Merkurs are actually agree with me, now that I understand them better. I just wish the cost would come down just a bit.

Good questions. They don't work for me at all, so IMHO they aren't "worth it" any any price. But, glad someone is having some luck with them.

I agree as i can get feathers here in the uk far cheaper than merkurs and i was looking at 1 on line store the other day who were asking £4.95 for a 5 pack of merkurs where as i bought 30 feathers for £6.00, i do like merkurs and recently bought 3 sample packs and 2 of those included merkurs.

I agree as i can get feathers here in the uk far cheaper than merkurs and i was looking at 1 on line store the other day who were asking £4.95 for a 5 pack of merkurs where as i bought 30 feathers for £6.00, i do like merkurs and recently bought 3 sample packs and 2 of those included merkurs.

What part of the Uk are you in? Last time I was there I couldn't find any store that sold Merkur blades, other than TOBS in London. However, they really overcharge, I think I paid GBP7.95 for 10 blades.

Merkur's are drastically over-priced.

For me, I found they were a middle of the road blade: not awful, but not good enough that I would ever use them on a daily basis.

Considering that Red IP's can be had for $10 for 100, and are a superior blade, Merkur's are a total rip off.

What part of the Uk are you in? Last time I was there I couldn't find any store that sold Merkur blades, other than TOBS in London. However, they really overcharge, I think I paid GBP7.95 for 10 blades.

Hi, in my post i said on line not in a store:001_smile

Top Bottom