What's new

Ip Confusion

I have the sampler from Letter K which includes the IP's. I see red boxed IP's marked "Persona". Can someone please explain the difference if any? I tried the search but didn't turn up with anything. I am using a Vision BTW and love it. This is my first D/E being a former Fusion user.

HI JOANNA,

Thank you so much. It was a lot of link following but now I understand my confusion and how I caused some confusion.

It is now my understanding the real IP blades only state "Made in Israel" but do not have "Personna" on them. The blades that state "Personna" may or may not be made in Israel but are definitely different from the "Made in Israel" blades. I am going to stay away from the red boxed blades.

Handle is Scott :redface:

Handle is Scott

Hi Scott --

Due to the confusion, I refer to these red boxed (faux-)Israeli Personnas as 'Red Pack' Personnas. There is no reason to avoid them; they are a decent blade, IMO. They have been consistent, probably not quite as sharp as Derbys, but smoother and give a nice comfortable shave. I've used them exclusively in old Gillette razors, and have been satisfied with that combo. I regard them as better than the Wal-Mart/drugstore Personnas.

The eBay dealer for these has been decent to deal with, ships promptly. There are some guy who didn't like them, but understand, blades are a very personal selection.

-- John Gehman

The "Personna" label is misleading as no one is SURE that these (the "real" IPs) are Personnas (regardless of where they were made). The distributers in the US have purposely not called them Personnas, but I don't have the information why. The reason people call them Personnas is because of the probability of them being made by the American Safety Razor company in Israel.

Top Bottom