What's new

Got some mamabear's soap for Xmas and ...

i'm quite impressed!

it is rosemary lime, which smells like regular lime to me but a great scent anyway. not as strong a lime smell as the QED, however.

the most impressive part, however, is the closeness of the shave. i've used it a couple of days in a row now and i seem to be getting just an nth degree smoother result. of course this could be variation in my technique or other factors but so far soaps in general seem to give me a bit better final result than creams.

i think some additional MB soaps are in order. i just wish her www page had a "scratch and sniff" so i could tell what they smelled like before ordering.

i think some additional MB soaps are in order. i just wish her www page had a "scratch and sniff" so i could tell what they smelled like before ordering.

Don't I wish. So far the web has gone from basic text to include the senses of sight, and then sound. For us wetshavers, I think smell would be most useful as the next step, although I'm certain a particular segment of web users would prefer touch.... ahem. Anyway, it would really be fantastic to be able to smell all these products online, before buying.

Short of that, I guess you just have to buy them all.... :wink:

Oh, and as a start, I like the Bay Rum a lot. Tuscan Memories is my all time favorite, if Sue recreates it and adds it to the permanent list. Hoping this will happen, once she gets settled in her new place.

-Mo

tm3 - I have her new recipe Lime and I enjoy it very much. My daughter likes the Chai Tea for her shaving. Also, you ought to give her B&B Summer Aftershave Balm a try. :thumbup1:

bay rum sounds like a generally safe bet (although i'm not sure about having the tangerine mixed in), and although i have several limes already i almost think one can't have too much so new lime is a contender.

a lot of folks like dragon's blood -- the recipe reminds me of what we called a "suicide" as kids where they mix all the fountain drinks together into one. i don't have a clue what that db would be like. come to think of it, i can't remember what the suicide tasted like, either!:001_smile

bay rum sounds like a generally safe bet (although i'm not sure about having the tangerine mixed in), and although i have several limes already i almost think one can't have too much so new lime is a contender.

a lot of folks like dragon's blood -- the recipe reminds me of what we called a "suicide" as kids where they mix all the fountain drinks together into one. i don't have a clue what that db would be like. come to think of it, i can't remember what the suicide tasted like, either!:001_smile

I love the Dragon's Blood.. to me it has a very warm feel to it and the scent reminds me of a very nice church incense.

I love the Dragon's Blood.. to me it has a very warm feel to it and the scent reminds me of a very nice church incense.

Agreed. However, I'm one of the unfortunate guys who have an adverse reaction to the Dragon's Blood soap... I wish I didn't, because the scent would make it one of my all-time favorites!

Everyone will will have their own opinion on the best scents. I only have one MB soap...hydrogen. And I absolutely love the scent! And the shave is first-rate too.

My first Mama Bear soap was a freebie short pour from Mama Bear received only yesterday. It was the Ocean Rain scent and I love its scent. I shaved with it today and was very impressed with the lather and the smoothness of the shave.

The problem with the freebie is that now I want more. Not good for my wallet, but very good for Mama Bear. Now the challenge is to decide which ones...

No matter how I tried to change them up, they always tasted like Dr. Pepper.

Top Bottom