Thread: Super Lather, Derby Lemon, Williams Mug Soap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Super Lather, Derby Lemon, Williams Mug Soap

Anyone ever try it?

I've never used Derby creams before, so I have no idea what to expect, its cheap and I need to order a sampler pack from WCS anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn no love for Derby ?!?

Hanzo

I used a couple tubes of Derby. Its not bad , a tad inferior to Arko Cream by way of comparison IMHO. The scent of the Lemon and Lavender were not bad at all. I think you got it right, its a cream ideally suited for Superlather because by itself you might not be so motivated to use it. One member who liked it said its best to lather it by stirring slowly and low in the bowl ,sort of churning it with your brush as opposed to whipping it and also to use more water with it than usual , these pointers seemed to work with it well. Many members here are critical of Derby but I wanted to see if I could make it work and it wasn't bad but I don't think I'd rebuy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    I used a couple tubes of Derby. Its not bad , a tad inferior to Arko Cream by way of comparison IMHO. The scent of the Lemon and Lavender were not bad at all. I think you got it right, its a cream ideally suited for Superlather because by itself you might not be so motivated to use it. One member who liked it said its best to lather it by stirring slowly and low in the bowl ,sort of churning it with your brush as opposed to whipping it and also to use more water with it than usual , these pointers seemed to work with it well. Many members here are critical of Derby but I wanted to see if I could make it work and it wasn't bad but I don't think I'd rebuy.
    Hmm sounds like the two are a match made in heaven then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I have some Derby cream heading my way, from the Derby box I won in the "Carnival of Smiles". I will let you know what I think of it, once I give it a whirl.
    ~~JOHN~~*Founding member of ALPHA Team*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Images

I've tried a couple of Derby creams and they were fine. I find if I take my time and prep with a hot towel most creams work ok.
    Best wishes, Steve