What's new

Single Ring case/blade case questions

Hi all, found a case I intend to use for the 1911 Single Ring I just picked up at an antique mall. Here's the case (from eBay, the Tech will be cleaned and re-sold probably, as I already have a very nice fat handled Tech).

First question is the case logo, where it says Made In USA on the top, I am wondering what period these are from (if it is correct for the 1911?). I know I found one without the "Made In USA" bit above the diamond that now houses my 1910 Single Ring, so I had to wonder where/when the change occurred (can't really get a handle on it just by using Achim's site).

Next question is the blade boxes. I'm aware of four types (4 if you count the open cardboard like the ones that came with the Double Ring). These black boxes (cardboard? Will know when this arrives), then the metal boxes, some with logo on front, some with Diamond/Arrow logo on top, and some with Gillette in bold letters on the top. Can anyone substantiate which are correct for which period? Trying to put together some correct sets, really prefer to have the right bits together where possible (naturally).

Check your book page 122. The marking was used extensively in the 1913 - 1914 period.
But really it's hard to tell for sure.

Len

Top Bottom