What's new

Shavemac brush buying advice

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
So, thanks to all your wonderful responses to my last thread, I think I have my perfect brush down pat...

I am going to want to be able to use both soaps (TAAABAC!!) and creams. Price is not a huge issue, but I don't want to spend $300+ dollars. So here goes...

A shavemac D01 brush with a 23 mm brush size and a 46-48mm loft. I am going to have it custom-made, so I have some good handles picked out from the shavemac site. Specifically, I don't think I want an aggressively-flared base. I tend to hold the brush so the base of the brush is touching the inside of my knuckles, with all my fingers maintaining a good grip. I am thinking something similar to this brush right here. I actually just bought that Omega, but sadly I don't like boar... :mad3: In any event, I am so eager about the possibilities of a custom-made Shavemac I can't stand it.

I need to know if there is any other pertinent information I should figure out before inquiring by email on Shavemac's custom-orders page. Can you guys help me out?

Many thanks!

Top Bottom