What's new

Going to NYC in two weeks ???

I'm partial to Pasteur on 34th, but maybe that's because it's in the neighborhood!

Have a great time in NYC!

I'm partial to Pasteur on 34th, but maybe that's because it's in the neighborhood!

Have a great time in NYC!

+1 to Pasteur's there and also their Lexington Avenue location is very close to Cambridge.

You also have CO Bigelow at 9th St and 6th Avenue.

You in town for the Marathon?

Thanks all

No going back up from NC to Brooklyn and Long Island to visit family and going to NYC for some Katz Deli been a few years since I had a chance to go into the city but now that little ones are all able to --its a go :biggrin:
+1 to Pasteur's there and also their Lexington Avenue location is very close to Cambridge.

You also have CO Bigelow at 9th St and 6th Avenue.

You in town for the Marathon?

Scott at Cambridge Chemists on Lexington is a great fellow and friend to B&B.

Of coarse just a short ride and you'd find yourself on the door step of Gentlemen's Best....:biggrin:

Cambridge Chemist's is probably a nicer shop than Pasteurs because it is bigger place (if perhaps a smaller selection) and the owner/staff are all very helpful and knowledgeable regarding their products. But, Cambridge Chemists seems almost always much more expensive than Pasteur's. Personally, I'm okay with spending a bit more for a product to get a little customer service, but for me the price differences always push me to Pasteurs.

Just got back from there. C&E is on Madison at about 51ST and Caswell-Massey is at 48TH and Lexington. Stopped at Cambridge and got some MWF. Great place. When I got to NYC, I found that I had forgotten my brush at home. My travel brush is an EJ travel. Went over to C&E and got one of theirs. Still has the badger in it but may appear on BST. If you are interested in family style Italian food, I always enjoy Tony's Di Napoli at 1606 2nd Ave. (about 84th) http://www.tonysnyc.com/

Cambridge Chemists give a discount to B&B members, so be sure to mention that you are one! Also, they have free shipping on all of their products. But I did find that some products that both Cambridge Chemists and Pasteur's carry were cheaper at Pasteur's.

I was at Pasteur's on 34th yesterday. They really have a nice selection of products but don't expect to get a lot of help. If you want help then Cambridge is definitely the place. And Cambridge has a nice selection of things also just not quite as much as Pasteurs which carries so many different brands. Pasteur's Proraso products are pricey relative to Bigelow though

:biggrin:Mondays the day :biggrin:

Nice! I'm going there next Monday... but for good.

In addition to bagels, the subway, pizza, the Brooklyn Bridge, taxis, White Castle, rain, Tomkins Square Park, falafel, the NY Times, Gray's Papaya, Dunkin Donuts, BAM, bodegas, bars I can walk to, and Chuck Scarborough for the local news... NY has LA beat on brick and mortar shave shops.

I can't wait.

Don't miss out on the Pasteur's on 34th Street. Slightly wider aisles and a bit more selection.

It's especially convenient if you're visiting the Empire State Building - very close to that.

If you like Trac II, they have the Gillette 7 O'Clock Trac II handles for $5.99.

Plus LOTS of other stuff. :cool:

Top Bottom