What's new

An introductory post and a homemade stand

Greetings to all

I thought i'd may as well pop in and say hello, as one cannot lurk forever. I've been reading these boards for a good month now after reading about wet shaving on a different forum, i can honestly say i was oblivious to the whole shaving scene prior to this revelation.

It's certainly a hobby that one can learn to appreciate and i understand why so many of you pursue it. What especially takes my fancy is the shiny metal hardware, you could say i despise plastic, so what a treat it is to see so many beautifully crafted razors and various other bits and pieces of pure metal that one can simply stare at and drool over.

Currently my kit consists of:
Gillette super slimtwist that i scored off a family member
No name boar brush i found around the house and cleaned up
Derby Extras
No name terrible shaving cream
Custom brush and razor stand i made out of a metal coat hanger, nothing fancy but its practical.

After about a month of wet shaving with the DE i can honestly say the shave it delivers is inferior to the previous schick 3 blader i used, but that is obviously attributed to my poor technique (despite no longer being cut, happy about that), poor soap/cream and possibly poor prep. Over time i have no doubt that the shaves will improve. My neck area is quite problematic with whacky hair growth patterns that i need to learn to tame.

I made an order with WCS for the following
Merkur 11c, to be honest i picked it over the HD because open comb just looks bad *** :cool:
Proraso SC
Col. Conks Amber SS
Ogalallalala bay rum and lemon grass shaving stick

I thought I'd buy an assortment of soaps/cream and get an impression of what works for me.

Despite being excited about the hobby i for one hope that AD doesn't kick in hard, at least not straight away. I browsed through the entire "post your shave den" thread and my god, some of the collections are outrageous. :eek:

That's all for now.
Cheers, Omer

Welcome to Badger and Bland. The open comb is a very nice razor, just remember to use no pressure other than that of the razor itself. You're off to a great start. :biggrin: :tongue: :wink:

Welcome, I'm liking that stand you got there! I would seriously consider upgrading your brush if you can, you can get an Omega for a pretty good price these days.

RemO,

Welcome to Badger & Blade! Great introductory post! You are welcomed here with open arms. Welcome to the madness!:lol:

Very nice stand that you made!

DL

Welcome, and ditto on the hanger/rack, very practical. You've got one of the better razors there (imo) so as they said above, be patient, it'll get better!

Welcome, and ditto on the hanger/rack, very practical. You've got one of the better razors there (imo) so as they said above, be patient, it'll get better!

The Slim Twist is very similar to the Gillette Knack, which is a phenomenal shaver. I really enjoy the longer handle on my Knack. :w00t::w00t:

Welcome to B&B.

Nice work on the stand.

Keep at it and your shaves will improve. And, you're right about the plastics. Razors should be made of METAL!

Top Bottom