What's new

Semi-Newb to Newb brush advice.

Wanting to work my way up through the wet shaving "trenches" I began using a $5 brush from CVS for a month, then a $12 Proraso brush from Target for 2nd month. Both with just Ok results. Just received a badger brush for Christmas.(C&E best badger $35). All I can say is WOW!!! What a world of difference a good brush can make. Less work, better lather, finally got the "Meringue-like" lather all the veterans here always talk about. So don't skimp on the brush.

Thanks to all the vets who help us newbs try and figure it all out.:thumbup1:

-WB

Wanting to work my way up through the wet shaving "trenches" I began using a $5 brush from CVS for a month, then a $12 Proraso brush from Target for 2nd month. Both with just Ok results. Just received a badger brush for Christmas.(C&E best badger $35). All I can say is WOW!!! What a world of difference a good brush can make. Less work, better lather, finally got the "Meringue-like" lather all the veterans here always talk about. So don't skimp on the brush.

Thanks to all the vets who help us newbs try and figure it all out.:thumbup1:

-WB

Wild Bill, Welcome to B&B. I have that same brush and really like it. You might try some of the C&E shave creams such as Sweet Almond Oil.

I am using a Tweezerman badger brush. The handle is fairly cheap and it does shed the occasional hair, but I still like it. I will eventually upgrade, but not until I get some other things first. Maybe wait for a good deal in the b/s/t forum and jump on that.

Glad you like your new brush! Consider getting a quality boar brush at some time. Less expensive than entry level badgers, and fantastic lather makers! Semogue and Omega make quality boar brushes.

Hey guys, I'm totally new and have no problem admitting it. After reading the forum I realize I need to upgrade my brush (I have the AOS travel size entry level brus). I'm plan on getting a Simpsons brush, but in my seaches I came across REALLY cheap silver tip brushes from www.virtualvillage.com. I'm thinking of tryin it out because of the price, but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience?

I have fallen under the glamouring of brush love. I have five now with two Whipped Dog Firehouse brushes on the way. All but one of my brushes are badger, that one exception being an EJ boar. My current favorite is a Perfectly Beautiful silver tip.

If I could start again I'd forgo the "stepping-stone" journey of increasingly more expensive brushes and go straight to the apex (for me a top end Simpsons).

Top Bottom