What's new

Prepare for Doomsday with this bucket of Emergency Food!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...ctMVM-_-FOCUS-_-8-_-FoodForHealthEmergencyKit

$74.95 - 275 servings, 20 year shelf-life

proxy.php

Basic preparation will impact the probability of your family’s survival in an emergency. Delicious and easy to prepare. Each bucket contains 275 servings of pre-mixed and pre-seasoned 100% vegetarian and vitamin fortified food. With a 20 year long shelf life, this kit is perfect for the preparation of natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes or even for a camping or hunting trip.

* Easy to Prepare
* Must have water and a heat source
* 275 Servings
* All Meals 100% Vegetarian and Vitamin Fortified
* Sealed in convenient Weather-Proof bucket for easy transport
* 25 Servings - Potato Soup
* 30 Servings - Corn Chowder
* 25 Servings - Cacciatore
* 25 Servings - Western Stew
* 30 Servings - Country Noodle
* 25 Servings - Rice Lentil
* 45 Servings - Whey Milk
* 40 Servings - Blueberry Pancake
* 30 Servings - Barley Vegetable
* Total Weight: 23 lbs.

The Date of Manufacturing is printed on each individual packet. The Expiration Date for all the food is printed on a sticker on the outside of the bucket.

For best taste and nutritional value, use product before:

20 years of manufacturing date when stored at 60° F (16.6° C)

10 years of manufacturing date when stored at 70° F (21.1° C)

*Statement of 275 servings not applicable to Michael Phelps

You wouldn't have to worry about what to eat and resort to a 100% vegetarian product if you all had signed up for the snow monkey hunt. But dont worry, I was looking at the pictures posted of the Yeti's and thinking that 1 Yeti could feed a wedding reception or small family reunion if cooked right, so I'll be organizing a Yeti hunt.

As to a heat source, you can pick up matchless fire starters at any camping, surplus store or Wal Mart.

* Must have water and a heat source

They are asking a lot of a post-apocalyptic world.
In a post-apocalyptic world there could be the best emergency food, wihtout water you wouldn't need to eat it anway. Heat source is easy.

I'd rather buy astronaut, freeze-dried food.

They have fries, even ice cream. 20-year old corn chowder scares me. I don't even like it fresh.

It's preserved by all kinds of now-thought-of-to-be-ok chemicals. But on the other hand you will kiss your own butt IF you need it and bought it.

Why not? My wife will think its great she recently had a GE whole house generator, (15,000 W) which automatically takes over in the event of a power failure installed. The system runs on natural gas which we use for heat however gas lines had to be pressure modified to meet the requirements of the generator.
OK as if that was not enough, nestled in the woods about 100 yards from our home sit 2 Hudson 1,150 gallon LP tanks. This is enough LP to power the generator, (running everything) for well over 90 days.

When I asked her why she had gone to such lengths her response was; "because" I'd almost bet cash money she'll buy a couple buckets, I'll show her tonite.

FYI--in the event anyone is wondering our earned income is pooled, joint. However, on occasion when she decides to do something she just does it which is ok considering her income is several times what mine is.:001_smile

Last edited:
Why not? My wife will think its great she recently had a GE whole house generator, (15,000 W) which automatically takes over in the event of a power failure installed. The system runs on natural gas which we use for heat however gas lines had to be pressure modified to meet the requirements of the generator.
OK as if that was not enough, nestled in the woods about 100 yards from our home sit 2 Hudson 1,150 gallon LP tanks. This is enough LP to power the generator, (running everything) for well over 90 days.

When I asked her why she had gone to such lengths her response was; "because" I'd almost bet cash money she'll buy a couple buckets, I'll show her tonite.

FYI--in the event anyone is wondering our earned income is pooled, joint. However, on occasion when she decides to do something she just does it which is ok considering her income is several times what mine is.:001_smile

Why show her? This could easily be her Christmas gift.

Did anyone see the reviews?

"Food is Excellent

"I now have enough of this food for my husband and I for a year. I will be buying more and more. We have tried the food. It is very good."

Did anyone see the reviews?

"Food is Excellent

"I now have enough of this food for my husband and I for a year. I will be buying more and more. We have tried the food. It is very good."

Way too many preservatives to eat all year.

I think we just read the review of a lazy wife. :lol:

My wife will think its great she recently had a GE whole house generator, (15,000 W) which automatically takes over in the event of a power failure installed. The system runs on natural gas which we use for heat however gas lines had to be pressure modified to meet the requirements of the generator.
Ummm, the lights in the house and noise from the generator will just be a draw for those without either. It's best to be discrete when the end of the world comes around...

Top Bottom