What's new

You can find stuff in the oddest places...

I remember a month back I was packing some items with some packing peanuts I've saved back, and out came a cologne sample I didn't even see that came with a previous order.

Packing more stuff tonight and out comes a package of Lord Platinum blades. Wonder if I open a few more bags of my peanuts if I might find a nice big wad of cash...? :biggrin:

My cat goes crazy with them. Get's one, half chews it down, and then leaves the rest and goes on to another. Used to be she'd come running everytime we opened a package looking for 'em. :lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Absolutely HATE the styrofoam packing bits.

The upside is, it's kinda like an early Christmas whenever you have to deal with the stuff, 'cuz you never know if there's another surprise in there.

Unless of course you just dump the entire box on the floor to make sure you have everything, and then curse the packer as you pick up each individual piece.

I remember a month back I was packing some items with some packing peanuts I've saved back, and out came a cologne sample I didn't even see that came with a previous order.

Packing more stuff tonight and out comes a package of Lord Platinum blades. Wonder if I open a few more bags of my peanuts if I might find a nice big wad of cash...? :biggrin:

Score! :lol:

I hate those peanuts.

Note to vendors: quit using them.

No me, I love 'em. I love to stockpile them and then send them in grossly over sized boxes for the item I'm shipping to the ex. :biggrin:

The upside is, it's kinda like an early Christmas whenever you have to deal with the stuff, 'cuz you never know if there's another surprise in there.

Unless of course you just dump the entire box on the floor to make sure you have everything, and then curse the packer as you pick up each individual piece.

That's definitely what I did.

One upside to packing peanuts is they helped me identify the mouse that had taken residence under the bookcase in my bedroom. Sitting in bed reading one night when I hear a crunching sound, look behind the bookcase and what do I see but about 10 packing peanuts that he's clearly munching down to build a nest. Trapped the little bugger that night, but who knows how long he would have made it without giving away his position with that crunching sound.

+1

I prefer those air-filled plastic bags. At least, it doesn't get everywhere like those tiny peanuts and it's recyclable.

Besides, those air bags are just perfect to sneak on the SWMBO and suddenly blow one behind her back and scare the bejesus out of her :thumbup:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
But in fairness to packing peanut lovers everywhere,
I prefer packing peanuts to the wierd brown stuff that looks like miniature hamster food.

Get that stuff in your carpet and you'll be dodging SWMBO for a month.

I love those Ghost Turds as we call them the static cling and them sticking to everything what could be more fun

haha I love/hate em. Love em when I need em to send somthing out, Hate them when I receive them, drop them and have to clean em up, then accidentally step on one and have to get the dang vaccum out!:mad::mad:

Top Bottom