What's new

Found A Ratty Aristocrat

Found this well worn Aristocrat in an antique store today.
While it is (of course) in perfect mechanical condition it has apparently seen much use as has its case.
I gave $5 for it which may be high for one in this condition but now I have an aristocrat in my collection :wink:
Wp

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You will be surprised how nice that will look with a healthy cleaning.
Congrats on a good score

Looks like a Milord, gold 40s super speed.
Still a great shaver, if you remove all the old orange lacquer it will look a lot better.

Heck, I don't know. Gillette had so many different razors that they called Aristocrat. Good score though. I rarely find any razor in the wild and have never seen one with a case.

Thank for all the replies :thumbup1:
It definately DOES look just like a gold Super Speed. I am not familiar with Milord. Is that a notch or two below Aristocrat?
Maybe it's still worth the five bucks. I am gonna get some scrubbing bubbles and try to give it a cleaning next time I go to the store.
Wp

Edit:
Apparently what I bought is a Milord in an Aristocrat box like this one
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/images/4/43/Purpbx.JPG
The razor handle fits PERFECTLY in the box though even though the Aristocrat handle looks larger in the pictures.
Those hucksters at the antique store cleaned my clock.

Last edited:
The Milords were always gold plated versions of the Super Speed family. The SS predecessor, the Ranger Tech, also had a gold plated version marketed as a Milord in most cases. It was also marketed through a discount distributor as a Milord Tech.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You will be surprised how nice that will look with a healthy cleaning.
Congrats on a good score

Top Bottom