What's new

"Unscented" products for benefit of pregnant wife

The title pretty much sums it up. My wife is pregnant and can't stand the smell of my usual creams, soaps, and balms. I see that T&H has an unscented soap, balm, and cream. My understanding is that unscented in the case of the soap and cream is really more of a subtle or light scenting. What about the AS balm?

Other than T&H, any advice or opinions on what my options are?

Hi,
My daughter is going thru the same thing with her first pregnancy. Usually that feeling abates with some time into pregnancy but not her. Most everything with much of a smell 'stinks' pretty bad.

My unscented soaps are not lightly fragranced, they have absolutely no added fragrance.

As far as a balm goes, if you would like me to make some for you without added fragrance, PM me and I will make a bottle just for you. Try it and if you like it that's great, same price and if you dislike it, I will refund you the price pd.

Hey, how many vendors offer personally made items? :) Just us little guys.

Sue

murchmb said:
The title pretty much sums it up. My wife is pregnant and can't stand the smell of my usual creams, soaps, and balms. I see that T&H has an unscented soap, balm, and cream. My understanding is that unscented in the case of the soap and cream is really more of a subtle or light scenting. What about the AS balm?

Other than T&H, any advice or opinions on what my options are?
You may want to give Charles at QED a call. He lists his Aloe & Glycerin shaving soap as fragrance free.

Sue said:
Hi,
My daughter is going thru the same thing with her first pregnancy. Usually that feeling abates with some time into pregnancy but not her. Most everything with much of a smell 'stinks' pretty bad.

My unscented soaps are not lightly fragranced, they have absolutely no added fragrance.

As far as a balm goes, if you would like me to make some for you without added fragrance, PM me and I will make a bottle just for you. Try it and if you like it that's great, same price and if you dislike it, I will refund you the price pd.

Hey, how many vendors offer personally made items? :) Just us little guys.

Sue
Nicely done! :thumbup:

Sue:

Because of your gesture, I will be placing an order soon!

My wife is pregnant too and I found that she is very sensative to smells also. The T&H is a good choice. The Classic balm does have a light smell that goes away pretty quick.

I would go with the unscented Art of Shaving Cream. I think their products, although a tad expensive, are very good and equal to the three T's.

If nothing else...always worth emailing Charles at QED.

If you use Sue's stuff...make sure you post a review for all of us expecting fathers.

Shermdog

Thank you all for the suggestions, and Sue, thank you so much for the kind offer. I didn't want to spend a lot so I didn't go with T&H or AOS and I already have a few of Sue's products. I've wanted to try Will G's soaps, so, I placed an order for the unscented versions of his shea soap, emerald soap, and AS balm.

Top Bottom