What's new

Grey Flannel Question

Grey Flannel is great I have a bottle that is about 20 years old it is spray bottle of Col 12 oz and it still smells great.

Growing up in the backwoods of the Ozarks as I did, I cut my swaths with Jovan Musk.

I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole now, but appreciate the GF.

I picked GF up at the Marshall's near my home for 12.99, mainly because it was such a good deal and I've heard some good things, some not, but mostly good.

Upon first waft, this stuff has a sour (best way I can describe it) smell to it, which I think turns some people off because they think that is the entire smell.

I've noticed this aroma hangs around for about 15 minutes.....I'm guessing these are the top notes, but when they blend into the background the midtones of this one is rock solid great...definitely a bargain, and I'd put it in the ball park of a Polo (except better) style of scent.

I just posted this on another thread, but Grey Flannel makes you smell like you just took a shower. It smells like soap and is real clean. I like it a lot.

After not using Grey Flannel for almost two decades I just bought the cologne spray and aftershave gift set a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's as strong as I'm remember but it's similar. Even the aftershave initially comes on strong and dries down to a beautiful scent. The aftershave is excellent, by the way. You can still get the gift set on CVS.com with the 30% coupon until tomorrow for $15.40. That's a 4 oz. bottle of both the aftershave and the cologne. Make sure you order the Grey Flannel and not the Eau de Grey Flannel.

This is an old thread that's been bumped very recently. Post #50 mentioned how clean a scent this is. After reading it about for months, I picked up a bottle of Clubman Citrus Musk and I recommend that, too.

I picked up a small bottle of the aftershave at a flea market unopened for $5 a few months ago. I like it quite a bit. I will most likely pick up the cologne at some point.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTT for a new bottle of Grey Flannel here!

It's interesting. The 80s scent I remember overwhelmingly was Paco Rabanne ... which, ironically, I now like. Anyway. It doesn't seem dated to me.

Diggng GFs layers and drydown. Another thumbs up for a classic.

AA

I love GF, but this is a scent that really divides folks here on B&B. It's inexpensive enough that it won't kill you to buy it blind and not like it. But it's better to try a sample first if you can. And you definitely can't go by your first impression when you apply it, judge it after you've worn it a few hours.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
GF is strong enough that the unscented lotion I was slapping on my face picked up the scent from my hands!

Digging the oakmoss-violet/lilac thing.

AA

That violet is a blast, but the oaky dry down just lasts and lasts on me.

A thread about transformative dry downs would be interesting. This one might top the list, imo.

Top Bottom