What's new

SOTD - October 12 through October 18, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday:
Schick "E2", NOS Schick blade, Ever Ready w/Golden Nib Silvertip, Tabac + TBS Macca Root, Humphreys WH, TBS Tea Tree moisturizer.

1 pass DFS. Those Schicks are something else.
Also finally realized what the odor of the Humphreys has been reminding me of. Sake.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Trumper's Sandalwood cream
Klenzo Butterscotch brush (one I did restore sometime back for Maher and now traded from him!) Sweet brush, in Finest!
Schick E2
Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food
L'Artisan Parfumeur Poivre Piquant

Proraso Pre
Rooney 1/2 Super
Prairie Creations Lavender EO SS
Red Tip SS w/ Feather (3)
Speick AS
W&S Lightly Mentholated ASB
Musgo Real #3 ADC Spiced Citrus

Today's shave was preempted by an accidental over abundance of Bloody Marys. It was touch and go for a while but it's under control now.

proxy.php

Sunday:

proxy.php

Simpson Polo 10
Trumper Almond soap
Muhle R89 with Swedish Gillette blade
Thayer's Rose witch hazel w/alcohol
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm
Le Labo Rose 31

The Muhle R89 is a mild razor with great fit and finish. I'm really liking it.

Sunday early evening shave:

Merkur HD with Derby
Simpson PJ2 super
Cella soft shave soap
TSD a/s milk
C&S No.88 cologne

Terrific, cozy shave today on a blustery, cold and wet day... No.88 is made for days like this.

Mama Bear's Awakenings SS
Kent BK4
Merkur 38C with Super Max Platinum (D2)
Osage Rub
Proraso Pre/Post (30 min later)

HBS Tea Tree EO SS | C&E BBB | John Engström 6/8 Frameback | Nature's Gift Sandalwood Splash | Em's Place Exotic Butter Cream

proxy.php

We had a bit of a thaw in the late November weather that we've been having, so I did my first Proraso shave today. Also used my Gillette New for the first time. Great shave.

Gillette New (thick handle)
Red Israeli Blade
Proraso Cream
Aqua Velva Blue.

The Proraso was good, but I didn't think it was near the level of the Truefitt creams that have been what I've used since starting wetshaving 3+ months ago. The Aqua Velva was a revelation however.:w00t: I loved it, and I never would have tried it had I not read the raves about it on B&B.

Sunday Evening Shave:

Shavemac D01 Silvertip
Lord Platinum (4th day)
Red Tip
Tabac Shave Soap
WWR/CWR
Booster's "June Clover" A/S
Anthony's Razor Burn Repair

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." -- Author Unknown.

Welcome to B&B, have you talked to our resident Moderator Slaglerock?

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." -- Author Unknown.

What a strange first post. Welcome to B&B? :001_tongu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom