What's new

People talk about loading the brush, lets talk about loading the face.

Hi,

As a face latherer I was trying Jim's tutorial on lathering with a soap to so so results and went back to just letting my soaked brush come to a dripping stop, no shake or squeeze. This lead to a messy lather, trying to stop the lather going all over the place and what not.

Then I wanted to go back to Jim's method as many swear by it and I saw the potential in it but I just couldn't get good results. Then I thought once I loaded the brush for 30 seconds or so and then brushed it over my face why not go back to the soap and load some more. This lead to much better results. Also once I loaded my brush and then my face twice I would then swirl it around and dip the tips of my brush gently in water and shake the water off gently. I would do this 3-4 times in the space of 2 or so minutes and have a great moist, thick lather that lasts for 3 or more passes.

I think what helps is once you loaded your face the brush has a better chance to pick up some more soap as there is more space for the bristles to do so.

To finish off I would just say to those face latherer's don't just think of loading your brush also think about loading your face.

Last edited:
I frequently go back to the soap for a second loading for my ATG pass. I have not tried double loading it at the front end. Thanks for the idea. I'll try it in the morning.

Brad

Top Bottom