What's new

Old Spice Shulton

I'm no Clubman Rob, but I'd say what you have is a bottle that was made after the P&G takeover, but before the significant reformulation.

IRRC, according to Rob there was a change when Saccharine was done away with, and this happened when Shulton was still independent and putting the clipper ship on glass bottles.

P&G took over, and for awhile the product was in glass bottles, but still had the same "vintage" Shulton scent. I think that's what you have.

Then the rocket scientist at P&H looked at the money to be saved by doing away with glass, and reformulated to a product that would be more plastic friendly, and I suspect a little "brighter" to make it more modern. That is what we have today in the Old Spice "classic" AS and cologne.

In short, I think that bottle probably contains the older, Shulton scent.

I'm no Clubman Rob, but I'd say what you have is a bottle that was made after the P&G takeover, but before the significant reformulation.

IRRC, according to Rob there was a change when Saccharine was done away with, and this happened when Shulton was still independent and putting the clipper ship on glass bottles.

P&G took over, and for awhile the product was in glass bottles, but still had the same "vintage" Shulton scent. I think that's what you have.

Then the rocket scientist at P&H looked at the money to be saved by doing away with glass, and reformulated to a product that would be more plastic friendly, and I suspect a little "brighter" to make it more modern. That is what we have today in the Old Spice "classic" AS and cologne.

In short, I think that bottle probably contains the older, Shulton scent.

I hope so, i got a bottle of the newer looking stuff, and it smells like "Magic Tree" car smelly !
View attachment 70118

BTW, the stuff in your first photo is cologne, not after shave.

Either way, I'd grab it, old formula OS has some fans, and if you hate it, BST will take it off your hands quickly. :smile:

Top Bottom