What's new

Recommend a Good Pre-Shave oil/lotion that you can pick up most places

Looking at my sample of Pre-Shave oil, I probably have one or two shaves left. I am looking for something good that I should be able to get at your typical Walmart, Target, Walgreens, or that type of store. If there is nothing really good you can find at those stores, I do pass a Bath & Body Works at the train station everyday and there is an Ulta that is not too far out of my way. I kind of want to go to a store and pick something up and am not looking to order anything online right now.

Thanks in advance

Would the Olive Oil cause your face to break out for those of us who suffer from acne? It seems like the name "oil" would imply that it's something you would want to stay away from.

You could pick up a small bottle of glycerin, which will add a little more slickness and protection. But be careful, too much and things get all gummy, and your cream or soap may already contain glycerine.

Noxzema face cream.....or to save another buck buy the walmart brand.

when you compare it to the proraso stuff, you get five times as much for just a couple of bucks.

When I first started wet shaving I used pre shave oil which I purchased at Sephora. Now I just wash my face before a shave and find I get better results.

Would the Olive Oil cause your face to break out for those of us who suffer from acne? It seems like the name "oil" would imply that it's something you would want to stay away from.

+1 on the Olive Oil, I thought It would clog pores, but it worked perfectly.

See the thread on the oil cleansing method:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26493

It seems counterintuitive to use oil in such a manner, but it appears to work for some.

Top Bottom