What's new

Proctor And Gamble Takes A Bow

Hmmm....

I went to the Gillette Website a few weeks ago and just expressed my opinion in an email about how unhappy I am with Gillette's Multi-Bladed machines (post Sensor stuff) and the retail price of their DE blades in the US and just saw it as venting and letting them know that not everyone is in love with their new products.

Today in my mailbox I recieved a letter reading:

Dear Mr. Potter

Thanks for contacting us. Hearing from you and other consumers helps us toward our goal of delivering top quality products and services worldwide. I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our Consumer Response Team.
If you need to contact us again please do so.

Maureen
Mach 3 Team

Enclosed with the letter was a coupon made out in my name for $5 off of any Trac II, Atra or Stainless DE blades :cool:

I know it isn't much but at least it was some sort of effort on their parts to reach out to their customer base so hats off to them for it and I think I will just keep the coupon to look at since even with five off the blades are Waaaay overpriced and not very good quality.
Wp

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
P&G is a business, and they are not completely stupid.
They bought AOS because they know there is a lucrative niche market out there.
They are just thinking of ways to get all DE blades up to cartridge prices.

I won't hold my breath, but every Old Spice fan who reads this should email P&G and let them know how much you would love to see an Old Spice Nostalgia release for the holidays...glass bottles, Shulton scent and the shaving talc and soap.

I bet if they did this the buzz generated would do more for the Old Spice brand than a whole room full of swaggering athletes.

I won't hold my breath, but every Old Spice fan who reads this should email P&G and let them know how much you would love to see an Old Spice Nostalgia release for the holidays...glass bottles, Shulton scent and the shaving talc and soap.

I bet if they did this the buzz generated would do more for the Old Spice brand than a whole room full of swaggering athletes.

Too late for this year. The holiday packs have been made, shipped and sent to many stores already. The boxes are just sitting in back room awaiting November.

I would be willing to get on board with this. It may be too late for this season as one poster noted, but with a concerted effort of the part of a few us we might be able to get their attention for next year.

I would love to see the talc and shaving soap make a comeback. I never used the shaving soap, but I loved the talc back when I was in high school. I still remember what it smells like, it was great!

B&B Confession time--

I am ashamed that many, many years ago when family members gave me Old Spice gift sets that I thought of them as crummy, thoughtless gifts to be relegated to the back of a closet to be forgotten about and probably later trashed. I foolishly believed that Drakkar and Polo were the way to go and that Old Spice was the "cheapskate" gift you got that was the equivalent of socks, underwear and ties. Imagine thinking that a nice shaving mug set or a beautiful decanter of O/S is a bad thing....I live with that everday!!!

Let's shoot for next year with the O/S mail campaign. I'm in...Great idea Topgumby!!

cheers,

Marty E.

I don't hold out much hope, but we can try. Maybe since P&G scooped up AoS, they might add an OS vintage line to compliment the high end shaving market.

Yes, P&G is a big, heartless conglomerate that is probably plotting the death of DE shaving as we speak, but maybe we can get them to throw us a bone in the meantime...:frown:

B&B Confession time--

I am ashamed that many, many years ago when family members gave me Old Spice gift sets that I thought of them as crummy, thoughtless gifts to be relegated to the back of a closet to be forgotten about and probably later trashed. I foolishly believed that Drakkar and Polo were the way to go and that Old Spice was the "cheapskate" gift you got that was the equivalent of socks, underwear and ties. Imagine thinking that a nice shaving mug set or a beautiful decanter of O/S is a bad thing....I live with that everday!!!

Let's shoot for next year with the O/S mail campaign. I'm in...Great idea Topgumby!!

cheers,

Marty E.

You know, when I was younger my sister would give me Brut gift sets at Christmas, and I doubt I ever wore any of it. I kind of thought it was junk... Last year I thought about how happy I'd be if I got another Brut set - but no such luck.

Only $5.

Years ago, a relative sent a letter to gillette praising their disposable razor, and explaining how one of them lasted him six months. They sent back a package with a beautiful letter saying they enclosed a year's supply for being such a greatful customer. Inside the box were two razors.

It's a little too late for this year, but you can count on my keyboard samurai bitching skills around May of next year.

Only $5.

Years ago, a relative sent a letter to gillette praising their disposable razor, and explaining how one of them lasted him six months. They sent back a package with a beautiful letter saying they enclosed a year's supply for being such a greatful customer. Inside the box were two razors.

:lol::lol:

When I used Carts my go to was Schick ST2 "Slim Twins", with the exeption of my Red Tip, I have not bought a Gillette shaving hardware product in over 10 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom